Monday, April 4, 2016

Monday morning and two blog posts

On Friday I managed to vacuum the downstairs like I planned, but then I ran out of steam. Having managed my jet lag rather well all week, I decided Friday afternoon to have a wee nap. I didn't wake until 5:45 p.m. in time to make dinner. I warmed up some chili con carne and a pasta bake leftovers....my idea of fast food.

I have not yet done a major grocery shop since I have come back. We still have some food left in the freezer. But I sent my Sweetie to Giant Tiger and No Frills for a few sale items. I will have to do a recap of that shopping trip someday soon, as I didn't take pictures. Instead, I took out my card stock and stamps and played both Saturday and Sunday. I have a lot of Spring birthdays coming up and I needed to replenish my card supply. You will notice that I went a little crazy with my Inkadinkadoo stamp called "Meadow". These are silhouette stamps of wildflowers and grasses.  I had a lot of fun with these.



The little rocket is on an action wobble (a spring fastener), so it moves around. I did some more water painting for my bouquets of flowers. I also managed to download the photos from my camera and sort through them. I need to use some for my blog and I need to print out others (with faces in them) for my scrapbooking. People are asking to see my photos, and they have sort of taken a back burner. I need to get them printed.

And finally, not to be outdone by Nathalie's Garden Updates, I am including today my own version of Garden updates: voila.
Snowdrops

Aubretia deltoides  (rock cress)


First crocuses
This morning's snowfall

4 comments:

  1. Arrgh, I closed the tab by mistake and lost the comment that I was in the middle of typing. Argh.

    I was composing my comment to you in my head as I was scrolling down your pictures and admiring them and when I got to the crocuses I was thinking "well, what happened to all your snow, Susan?!" and then BAM! The next photo of this morning's snowfall really made me laugh :) No wonder so many Canadians like to spend several months down here. I was actually thinking about you this afternoon as I was running my errands in short sleeves with the AC on in the SUV, wondering if you still had snow on the ground. I guess you do!

    I love all your flowers! I have one here and there and you get clumps of them, it's not fair!

    Are the yellow ones next to the blue ones crocuses as well?

    And what are the very scary looking spiky stems next to the snowdrops? Roses?

    As usual I'm going to say that your cards look wonderful. You are so talented! I can't believe that you used a stamp for the ones about the meadow, they look like they were bought at a store (I don't know if you'll take it as a compliment but it's meant as a compliment, I promise!). I especially like that rocket card, such a fun card for a little boy... or a little girl who wants to be an astronaut. I don't know how you come up with stuff like that.

    Good luck working on your scrapbooks! Yes, you should get to it now while all your memories are still fresh in your mind! Leave the cooking and the cleaning to the other people of your household.

    Are you son and GF getting ready to start working on the camper?

    ReplyDelete
  2. About my flowers, yes crocuses come in blue, white and yellow. I especially like the yellow ones. The snow drops come up in the midst of my rose shrub, but they will die off long before any leaves come on the bush.

    "Dee" is in the middle of sending me all of her photographs. I will be able to choose among the best for my album. I would like to have it done before she and my Dad come down for a visit mid May. Thank you for the kind remarks on my cards. I do take it as a compliment. I love to make cards, but I wonder sometimes if they aren't amateurish.

    No my son and his GF have not been working on the trailer, because BLOODY WINTER WILL NOT GO AWAY.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan your cards are most certainly not amateurish. They are beautiful much nicer than most of the cards in the shops here. I would love to send my family such lovely cards.

    Susan do your flowers die when it snows on them? If we have so much as a frost here everything dies off.

    It felt like a long winter here too, I think its because the weather was cold but not severely cold so it seems to have gone on for ages.

    Good luck with the scrapbooking xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our spring flowers are pretty hardy. Those three varieties that have come up already, will also come up through the snow. We may have a few more snowfalls before the month is over. Sometimes we have been known to skip Spring entirely and move right into summer.
    Thank you for the kind words about the cards. I get engrossed sometimes doing them up.

    ReplyDelete