Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Digging out the Craft Room

I wanted to do some more work in the Craft Room today. I have been doing little bits every day trying to make some headway; but, you might remember that I mentioned a while ago that I also wanted to incorporate all of my gift boxes and wrappings as well. That meant bringing in even more stuff to an already crowded space. I want this room to incorporate all of our crafting supplies and be able to provide space to everyone who does crafting, which includes my son and his GF. The first thing my Sweetie and I did this morning was to put this shelf up on the wall over one of the windows (There are four windows along this back wall, a patio door on one of the end walls, and another window on the other end wall) It is a lot of glass overlooking the back garden, so not a lot of wall space. I can fit three of these Rubbermaid tubs on the shelf. Two of them are empty right now, but they will hold the majority of my wrapping supplies. 

I also took everything out of my  cabinet, including two drawers, vacuumed and washed the shelves, and sorted everything before replacing the items. I found a few things to purge, but not as much as I thought I would. On one side of my cabinet were garden items that I need to find a new home for. Since I want this cabinet to just hold crafting supplies, I need to put my gardening "stuff" elsewhere. I bleached and washed several pots that can go outside behind the fence. They can't go to the shed. That is my Hubby's domain. 

The new shelf will get more stuff off the floor

More items purged

I have purged two packages of 8 1/2" X 11" scrap booking  paper, pink silk flower petals, wood working pattern for a Nativity scene and a labeller with four tapes. I will be back at it tomorrow. 

2 comments:

  1. Very smart to find storage space up in the air! I should purge my craft supplies too since I really never craft at all :) They're all remnants of having 3 girls at home for several years so I still have tons of beads, ribbons, lots of stickers (that was my youngest's favorites), stamps, etc, etc. Plus all those darn scrapbooking supplies that I will never use. Too bad you live so far away, I'd have dropped them off at YOUR house. You do have 2 empty bins, right? LOL.

    Good luck with the reorganization and decluttering!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. Like I mentioned before, it is an overwhelming project that will only get done if I spend a little bit of effort each day. Today I will try to clean off the top of my cabinet to give me back some work surface for doing my die-cutting.

    ReplyDelete