Sunday, August 28, 2016

Some of the items purged from the Craft Room for the donations box
 I did spend some time yesterday in my Craft Room  although I didn't get far. But I was able to toss a few things from one of my storage units. I cleared some of my drawers of felt pens, calligraphy inks, confetti and glitters, lots and lots of stencils and embossing pads. Today I took a break from that room to get some other work done.





Banana muffins
Bread pudding


Today's Harvest

This is what I managed from the garden today. I froze a quart of beans, a quart of cherry tomatoes, and four quarts of  large tomatoes, with some left fresh for eating in salads and sandwiches. Yes, there are still cucumbers growing at the end of August, and I am getting quite a collection of cayenne peppers. I also boiled 6 eggs to make egg salad sandwiches. I will take some sandwiches and banana muffins with us tomorrow when we go to Toronto. We will be leaving very early in the morning and travelling a lot. Although we will stop for coffee along the way, we will take water and snacks with us. 

Dinner tonight is chili con carne from the freezer. I didn't feel like cooking after baking in the heat this afternoon. How was your weekend? Was it productive or did you do some relaxing? 

2 comments:

  1. For a second, when I saw your muffin pan, I got confused and thought you had posted one of my own pictures because my muffin pans look.just.like.yours. I see other blogger posting pictures with pristine muffin pans and I want to say "you FRAUD! Either you never bake or you have a muffin pan just for photo opps!". lol.

    Look at all your bounty from your garden! It's so awesome and I'm so glad it's not coming from my garden at this point. I would feel overwhelmed with all of this. Is your son's potted garden producing well as well?

    You did some more decluttering. Some of those items look brand new. It's hard to let go of things that once held so much promise, isn't it? This is why I still have all my scrapbooking supplies although I will probably never use them.

    I want some of your yummy bread pudding. I love bread pudding. Sigh.

    Have a safe trip tomorrow! I hope the doctor's appointment goes well and your trip is uneventful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah. My baking pans are not pristine. Ha. And though I love using a baking spray, like Pam, so that everything slides right out easily, it does bake on the surface and leaves a really dirty mess behind. That is my story and I am sticking to it. I also have SOS soap pads, but we won't go there.

    Yes my garden is doing well. After I wash and everything is dried, I put it all into freezer bags right away. That is my way of dealing with all the produce. No processing. No canning. Just throw it in the freezer for later.

    Some of those crafting items are brand new (to me, anyway) ....but if I haven't used them by now.... And I liked what you said about all the promise they hold. They still have potential, but maybe for someone else.

    ReplyDelete