Thursday, September 15, 2016

Project Thursday


I am afraid that when the end of September comes and I look over my list of goals, I will not have completed even one of them. I will only have a little bit accomplished in each area. But they are goals after all, so I guess I have given myself something to work towards. 

This morning I emptied the dishwasher and loaded it up again for a second wash. I made my iced tea. I cleaned the downstairs litter box and washed the downstairs bathroom. 

Then I washed two windows in the front entry room, both inside and outside with frames, tracks and sills.  You might remember that I washed a third one in that room earlier in the summer (the one right beside the computer) because I couldn't stand looking at the dirt anymore. I also washed the exterior door with decorative glass insert, inside and outside, frame and threshold. The pail of water was absolutely disgusting. I considered filling it up with hot soapy water again to repeat the third window , but decided it looked good enough. That was my entire morning. 

After lunch I tackled the Craft Room once again. If I finish one goal, this is the one I want to be successful with. I purged some more items, moved some storage cases around and even got to the point where I could vacuum half the floor area. I am very happy with how much was accomplished today, even if no one else can see a difference. I cannot show you any pictures just yet because it looks even worse than it did. The surfaces that I had previously cleaned, now have items piled back on top as I am in the midst of sorting. But it is coming....very slowly. 


More items purged for the donation box

Fiskars shape cutter and two blades, Santa boot planter, 2 activity kits, a mosaic kit with book, scrap booking glue, iron-on transfers, a birdhouse, more stencils, a small wind chime, 4 floral water tubes and a fabric doll brooch. 

My Sweetie was not feeling well today. He has a very nasty cough and a low grade fever. He slept most of the day and is not feeling up to eating anything. I will warm up some leftover beef stew from last night for myself and heat up a tin of tomato soup for him later this evening. Hopefully, he will feel more like eating something later on. 



14 comments:

  1. You did a TON of things... windows, organizing your craft room (I'm happy you're satisfied with your progress, I know how much you would enjoy a properly organized craft room like the ones one sees on Pinterest for instance!), all your regular chores and also taking care of your poor sick husband. Mine was sick too today and you're a saint compared to me because I spend today's post whining about Greg being home sick, lol.

    I hope your sweetie is feeling better tonight. Mine seems to be on the mend but those migraines with nausea and vomiting really throw him for a loop.

    Have a good evening!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boy oh boy. Would I enjoy a Craft Room like the ones you find on Pinterest. *sigh* But since that won't be happening (unless I win a lottery), I will settle for one I can move around in and be able to find my stuff.

      For the record, I went upstairs at 2:30 and woke my Sweetie and told him he should get up or he wouldn't be able to sleep tonight. So he came downstairs and slept on the couch. I guess he really needed it.

      Delete
    2. I was also thinking that Greg wouldn't sleep last night or insist on staying in the living room where I sleep because of the kittens (he slept quite a bit in the afternoon), so I was gearing myself up for a sleepless night, but thankfully he felt better and went to bed and slept very well and so did the kittens and so did I!

      Is your husband feeling better today?

      Delete
    3. His chest still sounds very congested. When I asked him if he felt better today, he growled, "I don't know yet." He is still up though and watching the morning news, so I am thinking he is better than yesterday. He will probably take it easy and nap later on.

      Delete
  2. Sounds to me like you got a ton of stuff done! I really need to wash the exterior of my windows -- I do the inside pretty regularly, but not the outside. I suspect I will feel a little bad about that when I see the state of the water bucket.

    Hope your Sweetie feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fortunately, my windows tip down so I can wash both sides. Otherwise the outsides of the windows would never get done except for the occasional jet of water from the hose. When we got our new windows installed, that was one feature I insisted on.

      Delete
    2. I have those too and we paid extra for them because I told Greg it would eliminate any excuse I had for not washing them but twice in 10 years previously, but I think I've only washed them once since they've been installed, lol. I just don't think about it. This morning I was trying to look at them with a critical eye because of YOU cleaning your own windows but they were all fogged up and they're still fogged up at 8:30 a.m. so screw it. I have other things to do, hahaha. I don't even clean the inside (well, very rarely) of the windows come to think of it. I'm a terrible housekeeper. Have I mentioned that we have 29 windows in our house?

      Delete
    3. How in heaven's name do you have 29 windows in your house? Do you live in a solarium?

      Delete
  3. I agree with the other ladies that you did a lot!

    Hope your husband feels better, soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless. It doesn't come naturally. Ha. I need to "warm up" to the idea of starting a cleaning project. I just keep reminding myself about the end results and how that will make me feel.

      Delete
    2. Tired? Depressed that you're going to have to do it all over again in a few days? LOL.

      Delete
  4. Ha-ha. You're a hoot! No. I am going to feel energized, elated, and extraordinarily proud of my accomplishments. And then I can think of Christmas preparations. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was on a mission today to get things done because this weeks seems to have gone way too quickly and I got nothing done. I think that I would have felt even more guilty by your list because I still don't feel motivated to wash my windows :) LOL!!! I feel like I should send my son around to count how many there are though :) I made two loaves of cinnamon bread, loaf of sandwich bread, salsa, and ground down corn meal that was not fine enough... literally nothing outside the kitchen :( I think that I need to get off the computer and be more productive!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This week DID go by quickly, didn't it? It always amazes me when Friday comes around, but today....I was flabbergasted.

    You are always making magic in the kitchen. I am so jealous of your ability to make breads and buns, and lots of yummy treats. And you always seem so busy, it seems impossible to me that you "got nothing done" this week. I think if you wrote down your accomplishments at the end of the day, you would be as amazed as the rest of us.

    ReplyDelete