Friday, October 21, 2016

Friday Goals Update

Money spent this week:  On Monday, just before I left the hospital, my Sweetie asked me to buy him a Ginger Ale from the vending machine on his floor. I spent $2. On Tuesday, the day I brought my husband home from the hospital, I had to go over to Shopper's Drug Mart to pick up a few things. I spent what was left on my gift card and another $12.65 out of pocket. Wednesday was a no spend day. Thursday, my hubby spent $3.60 on 4 liters of milk and today, he spent another $2.70 on one loaf of bread (at the corner store). I have $19.24 remaining in the household budget.

Crafting: I made eleven cards. Four I have already sent off in the mail to Vancouver (without remembering to take a picture). Six of these are written out and addressed and ready for the mail. I made an extra one. I have also knit two dishcloths as gifts.





Outdoor projects: On Sunday, I brought in all the root vegetables (potatoes, beets and carrots) from the  garden and washed them for storing. I brought in all the green tomatoes, peppers  and one more harvest of burgundy beans. On Wednesday, ahead of the rain, I went out to mow the lawns. 

Maintenance and Preparedness:
 The green peppers are seeded and sliced into strips for the freezer. The beans are frozen. As the tomatoes ripen and turn red, I am washing, coring and placing them in quart freezer bags. I made another batch of my homemade brown gravy mix for the pantry. I crisp fried a package of bacon to put in the freezer for various recipes. I have cooked 2 crock pots of dried beans over the last two days....one black bean and one red kidney bean. I made a large pot of chicken veggie soup that has provided lunch all of this week. The dog has more dog biscuits. I made a double batch of chili con carne last night...one for dinner and one for the freezer.

Organizing and Purging: Nothing yet

October Goals: I have spent two days wrapping Advent calendar gifts for my four youngest grandchildren, with the thought in mind that if I still have time, I will also include my two older grandkids (poor University students) once again. I also had to make some packaging for some of the gifts. This is coming along well. I need scotch tape before I can continue wrapping.


4 comments:

  1. I think you are doing exceptionally well on your goals, especially considering the upheaval from the past couple of weeks.

    My favorite card is the black cat one. Who would have thunk?!

    Have a great weekend! I hope your Sweetie is continuing to feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I actually did nothing with my goals for those twelve days. But the past four days have not been too bad. I didn't have that nap today that I thought I wanted so badly. Must be that the thyroid pills are doing their job. Ha.

    You like the cat the best? Huh. I would have thought the spiders or the crow, since you love wildlife so much.

    My Sweetie remains about the same. He still tires easily, but it will take some time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Nathalie; you are doing very well with your goals, especially if you didn't do anything during these past few days. Your cards are very cute! I am inspired to make a Halloween card, myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you do, and post a picture of it. I love to see what other people are crafting. I constantly "borrow" ideas from other people.

    ReplyDelete