Monday, December 5, 2016

Daybook: Monday, December 5, 2016

Outside my window.....there is snow on the ground again. It snowed quite a bit overnight, but the temperatures are rising to 4 degrees Celcius today so may not last long. I have garlands and Christmas lights on my verandah and a four foot lighted Santa in the front garden bed waving to passersby.

I am thinking..... of my Blogger friend Nathalie, who has been quiet for quite some time now but has recently started up again. She is still not receiving comments, but I am so glad and relieved to hear from her.

From the kitchen.....there has not been a whole lot going on. I have not yet started any baking, except for dog biscuits. Do you remember I told you recently that we received some meat from a neighbour who got a delivery of pork and couldn't fit everything in her freezer? She gave some meat to us, and part of that gift was two quarter cut turkeys. I cooked the second one this past weekend, and my Sweetie and I have been enjoying turkey dinners and sandwiches for the past few days. I am making soup broth in the crock pot and will freeze any leftover bits of turkey for later. It is time to cook something else tonight.

I am wearing.....dress pants with a herringbone pattern and a long sleeved white blouse. I believe it may be the same thing I wore last Monday but I assure you that I have been showering and changing clothes, though I often feel there is no time for that.

I am creating....cards and more cards. On the plus side, I sold ALL  15 of the cards to the lady that commissioned eleven, so I made $60. Yay!  Now I can buy some boxed cards to send. *laugh*

I am going.....to radiation therapy this afternoon with my Sweetie, followed by a visit to the radiation oncologist. I hope to still post my end of month goals. I have started a draft but did not have time to work on it this past weekend.

I am hoping.....that my husband does not suffer too terribly from side effects. So far, so good; but it is still relatively early in the treatment.

I am hearing.....the filter on the aquarium. I really need to clean it, but c'est la vie. Everything needs a good cleaning here.

Around the house..... my indoor garland and lights are sitting out waiting for me to hang them. There is not one decoration hung inside yet. I only just got the outdoor lights hung yesterday before I lost the sun.

One of my favourite things.....is sending out cards to the younger members of my family. I am ready to send those out today....grand kids, nephews and nieces.

A few plans for the rest of the week.....include radiation appointments every day. I need to send out my cards, pack up some parcels for mailing out, decorate the house inside and put up the tree, and wrap up the gifts that I have managed to pick up. There will be no "big" gifts this year. Everyone will have a stocking with a gift card and some stocking stuffers to open.

Here is a picture I am sharing.....Day 3 and 4 of my Advent Calendar. (Vitamin E cream moisturizer and Frosted Berries body lotion)  My Sweetie got a large bag of M & M peanuts and a Bingo lottery scratch ticket. Not a winner, but he keeps on dreaming and hoping.
 


1 comment:

  1. So glad that all your cards sold! No reason why they shouldn't have, because your cards are lovely.

    Hope you have a good week ahead of you. Take care of yourself. I received a good reminder on Friday night that we need to look after ourselves, as well, while taking care of everyone else.

    ReplyDelete