Monday, January 16, 2017

Daybook: Monday, January 16/17

Outside my window.......it is very gray and overcast at 4 PM. This morning started sunny and bright, but an ice storm is moving into the area for tomorrow, and it is highly unlikely that I will go into Kingston.

I am thinking.......that we had a lovely day at the hospital today. My Sweetie is still in the large private room but he is no longer under isolation. The lab results came back negative. My brother and SIL from Smith Falls came to visit us in  hospital. As we were supposed to spend Christmas Day with them, but didn't, we still had Christmas presents to exchange. It is also our wedding anniversary today, so the atmosphere was very festive.

I am thankful for.....46 wonderful years with my Sweetie.

From the kitchen.....I am cooking some sausage and pasta for dinner. I have warmed up one of the marinara sauces I made a few weeks ago and froze.

I am wearing.....blue jeans, a gray knit sweater and socks. My hair is in a pony tail.

I created.....a white on white wedding anniversary card for my husband. I forgot to take a picture. *sigh*

I am going.....to look after the dog, make my dinner, and then veg in front of the TV tonight.

I am hoping.....that the doctors can heal my husband quickly.

I am hearing.....the blower on the furnace, the "ping" of new email arriving in my in-box, and the sound of traffic on the highway from cars going home after work.

Around the house......housework is waiting for me, but it can wait a little longer for me.

One of my favourite things.....is a warm cup of tea on a cold afternoon.

Some plans for the rest of the week......will centre around visits to the hospital. I would like to get started on valentines for the kids, but I will see how the days progress.

Here is a photo I am sharing.....
Brand new craft supplies received this week. I cannot wait to dive in.   
I bought the 110 lb. card stock at Staples with a gift card, so I only had to pay the tax out of pocket. I bought 3 rolls of 2-sided tape at the Dollar Tree. The 4 mini ink pads were bought and paid for before Christmas at Amazon, but didn't arrive until this week (MIA), and the pad of 12x12 printed card stock was part of a Christmas gift I received this week.

4 comments:

  1. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! 46 years! You both must be pretty wonderful if you can still stand each other after that long, hahaha. Greg calculated that we will be 80 if we reach our 46th anniversary. That seems like a long time away, we only have 15 under our belt :)

    I'm so glad that you had a good day and that the test for the hospital-borne illness came back negative!

    Stay home if there's an ice storm. The Midwest has been clobbered in the US and it looks very dangerous. I hope you don't lose power.

    Lots of ((hugs)) to you and Mr. Sweetie on the occasion of your anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Nathalie. Yes we have been watching that ice storm that moved across the American South West, because that is the storm that may bring some freezing rain to us. It won't be nearly as devastating as it was in the South. It will be petered out somewhat by the time it reaches here, but I noticed the trucks were out in the village this morning laying down sand and salt in the chance that we get some inclement weather. I have decided I will stay put today.

    I fell asleep in front of the TV again last night. It's a good thing I wrote my Daybook before I made supper. I think today, I will take it easy by making more dog cookies and maybe some Valentines in my Craft room. They moved my Sweetie again out of the private room. I had to phone this morning to find out which room he is in and arrange to have his bedside phone fixed, because it had been disconnected.....so I couldn't talk to him. Hopefully they will look after that this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary! All the best to you and your husband! Glad to hear the encouraging news that he tested negative for hospital borne illnesses and is no longer in isolation. Hope you stayed home and the ice storm wasn't too severe. Have fun playing with your new craft supplies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Bless. I did stay home yesterday. We had ice pellets about mid-day, but the actual freezing rain did not start until evening. It is very slippy walking but the roads look very wet and sloppy. There is a lot of salt and sand put down. Also, the temperature today is supposed to be a couple of degrees warmer than freezing, so it should be fine to drive to the hospital.

    ReplyDelete