Monday, July 24, 2017

Daybook: Monday July 24/17

Outside my window.....it is very dark and rainy.  A thunder storm has just passed through. I sat in the living room to drink my second cup of coffee because I thought I really shouldn't be on the computer during the lightening strikes.

I am thinking.....I need to get busy cleaning bathrooms today and maybe vacuum upstairs even though I am not feeling the mood.

I am thankful for.....cooler temperatures this week.

From the kitchen.....I have not done any baking yet. I am trying to use up the 2 bags of spinach  and 2 more zucchini I bought last week. Until I get used to this new diet, I may be short on some items and then again I might buy too much of other items. I still need to find that balance.

I am wearing.....red capris and a white tank top.

I am creating.....no more cards this week. I have more important things to get done.

I am going.....nowhere today, I don't think. I am out of several things, but I may wait to go for a major grocery shop later in the week. I will try to make do  and create a shopping list in the meanwhile. 

I am hoping.....to get a lot accomplished this week.

I am hearing.....tires on the wet pavement and the occasional roll of distant thunder.

Around the house.....there remains a lot to be done.

One of my favourite things.....is receiving "new to me" items given to me by family or friends who think of me first before passing them on. I have furnished my house with other peoples' castoffs. I love it.

A few plans for the rest of the week....include grocery shopping, making up both guest rooms and the loft, cleaning my messy downstairs,  and hopefully plan a few make ahead meals. Wednesday or Thursday, we will be cleaning out the shed and taking some things to the dump or transfer station. I will be driving to Bradford again for my grand daughter's birthday on Sunday and staying overnight to collect my company from the Toronto airport on Monday morning and then return home later that day. Busy week ahead. You may not be hearing from me after today.

Here's the picture I am sharing.....

Some of my July birthday cards I couldn't share before now.  Notice Nathalie the card sketch  I  used from your card making class. I didn't realize until after I sent it that I was supposed to distress the edges of the flowers with colour, but it still works. Also Janet, notice the stamp you gave me and how I have used it in a card. I have made my August birthday cards already, so I should be able to put away my craft supplies for awhile.

6 comments:

  1. A big trip to Bradford AND the Toronto airport, look at you!

    I hadn't noticed that the flowers weren't distressed on the card, it looks so lovely. It's the same card I made and yet yours looks professional and mine looks... homemade, I guess, LOL. The other cards are gorgeous too. Did you cut that butterfly with one of your Cricut cartridges? Now I want my daughter and I to drive to see you so you can teach us how to create cards and we get to play with all your toys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! Yes I have lots of toys. I believe that is why I love playing with paper. I can cut and paste things and use glitter and colour pictures....all of that fun stuff. Then I can also run card stock through my embossing folders (that is the part that you love). The butterfly WAS made with one of my Cricut cartridges. There are three layers, one of them being vellum paper. Wouldn't it be fun to all get together and make cards? We will get Bless to come as well. Lol.

      As far as my big trip this weekend....I will drive to Bradford. Hopefully I can get my daughter or my SIL to go to the airport. Then in all likelihood, my son will do the driving back to Odessa.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you've got a busy week ahead of you! And may I say, again, that I love your cards?! Nathalie is right - your cards look professional; mine tend to look very homemade.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the week is getting busier all the time. I didn't clean bathrooms yesterday, nor did I vacuum upstairs. I spent the whole entire day straightening up my craft room. After my son removed all the cactus plants from that room, I went in to move things around and put things away and sweep up the floor.Before I knew it, it was time to make supper. I went to bed early last night because I was exhausted. There is still much in there I have to do, but it will wait until after the grands are gone. At least they can go in the room to do arts and crafts at the table.

      Delete
  3. Susan, I came and read this yesterday and then never left a comment!

    The cards are lovely; I hope your recipients appreciate them. :) And I think your weeks sounds quite busy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Laura. I hope my cards are appreciated. I could never afford to buy and send the number of cards I do, but I make them as a hobby. It relaxes me so much.

    ReplyDelete