Monday, July 17, 2017

Domestic Monday


Chores accomplished:

I cleaned the downstairs bathroom, including washing the floor. Only two more bathrooms to go.

I mowed the front and back lawns this afternoon, having mowed the back property on Saturday.

I gathered all the trash from  the wastebaskets and put them in the outdoor garbage bin.

I made another birthday card for my stash.

I started cleaning up my craft room AGAIN. Hopefully, I will be able to finish it this week.

What I ate last week:

Monday:  Turkey pot pie with Bisquick crust

Tuesday:  (after  my Dr.'s appointment) 2 salmon fillets with roasted green beans and cherry tomatoes

Wednesday:  one salmon fillet with mashed sweet potato and broccoli

Thursday:  last salmon fillet and leftover sweet potato and broccoli, with a green salad.

Friday:  Italian cabbage stir fry and an avocado

Saturday: leftover Italian cabbage stir fry and a green salad

Sunday:  garlic chicken and roasted veggies

Flowers in my garden this week:

Adam's Needle. My yucca plant shoots up a tall stem loaded with these bell shaped flowers

 
A closer look at the flowers


Balloon flowers are so named because the flowers are round blue spheres before they open up.

My Snowball hydrangea

Pink flowers in the foreground are Mallow (I don't know what kind), hydrangea and my purple clematis is the far background.



4 comments:

  1. You got a lot accomplished, Susan. And your garden looks lovely with all those pretty flowers blooming! Your Italian cabbage stir fry sounds good - would you share your recipe, please? I've a cabbage I need to use up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My "Real Food" has a lot of shredded cooked cabbage, but oh my, the cabbage casseroles are delicious. It must have everything to do with all the butter it is cooked in.
      I will print out the recipe in tonight's post.

      Delete
  2. I love love love all the flowers! Look at all of those! All your dishes sound great, wow. I can't get over how you're cooking for yourself every day. I haven't cooked ANYTHING save for the chicken breasts that I roasted on Monday, lol. I've been having chicken sandwiches (cold!) all week and told my daughter to figure out her own dinners.

    Good luck with all the cleaning but don't overdo it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have HAD to cook everyday. If I don't have food prepared, I don't get to eat. I can't have any grains, so I have to make up these dishes. For quick snacks, I have eaten cucumber, avocado, a piece of cheese or a boiled egg just to take the edge off. Fortunately, I have been able to make chicken vegetable soups to keep in the fridge. I have put away 4 meals in the freezer for myself when company comes. I need to make more.

      My priorities were out of whack today. Instead of cleaning or cooking or working outside, I made cards. But my reasoning was that it was too hot and muggy. I stayed inside working under the ceiling fan, and got a LOT of birthday cards made. I have a lot of birthdays in August and September.

      Delete