Saturday, December 16, 2017

Goals Update

This weeks goals were the same as last weeks goals....clean, decorate and maybe bake some Christmas goodies.The decorating was mostly done already, and this past week I have concentrated on the housecleaning part of it.At this point I am not even sure if I will do any baking. I can't have any of it and I sure don't need any of it in the house, so I may just buy a tray of baked goods for those few occasions when I want to serve something.

This morning I woke up in a really grouchy mood, and even though it turned out to be a beautiful clear sunny day, my disposition didn't really improve. But I did get some work accomplished.

I did two loads of laundry.

I washed and attached the bottom kick plate on my dishwasher. I did the same with the bottom of the fridge.

I glued and nailed the wooden trim to the top of my dishwasher. These things (trim and kick plate) had been removed in order to pull out the dishwasher (two or three years ago) to have the pump replaced, and it had never been put back properly.

Because of all the sorting of tools and hardware last week, I was able to find everything I needed.  (screws, finishing nails, carpenter's glue, hammer, screw drivers, and a coping saw) Look at me fixing stuff.

I vacuumed and wet mopped four of the downstairs rooms except for the living room. I will do that tomorrow.

I cleaned the downstairs half bath, washed the floor and laundered the floor mat.

I watered all the indoor plants.

Dinner tonight is the other half of the Tex-Mex casserole from last night. I finished the second season of the Crown and now I am starting the final season of Longmire on Netflix. 

4 comments:

  1. Go, you! I'm afraid to set goals anymore as I seem to avoid reaching them anyway, ha. I did a little bit of cleaning but not nearly as much as I should. This coming week I HAVE to wrap the presents. I'm going to try to force myself to do it tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe wait until Monday when you are alone in the house, gather all your supplies in one place and turn on the tunes. It doesn't necessarily have to be Christmas music. Then just get 'er done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe grouchy moods are good because you got a lot accomplished! Hope your week is a good one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I guess if I had to choose, I would rather be angry and grouchy than upset and stressed out. I cannot do a thing when I am upset.

      Delete