Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Cold Temperatures and Lots of Hot Tea

I wasn't going to go out today. It was frigid  and I still had my driveway to shovel. I didn't sleep well, so I finally gave up trying and got up at 6:45. I have been feeling hungry all day. I don't know if it is because of the cold or because I got up so early, or maybe because I have been expending more energy. I washed my kitchen cabinet doors, both inside and out. Tomorrow I hope to wash  my bottom cupboards which contain my pots and baking sheets, and also my pantry supplies. They could use a real tidy up. I thought I might clean my bathrooms, but instead I washed down the bathroom walls of the main upstairs bathroom, as well as the face of the vanity. I used the glass cleaner to clean a few mirrors throughout the house. I ate an early lunch of two bowls of soup, because I was feeling so hungry before I went outside to shovel snow.
That is when I decided to go out. I stopped at the Post Office on the way out of town. There was a parcel from my son's family in BC, and some more Christmas cards. They are really starting to roll in now....9 so far this week. Have I mentioned that I love getting cards? It bothered me that I didn't have the chili powder I needed to make my spice mixes, so I went into Amherstview to the nearest grocery store just to pick it up. When I got home I was feeling starved again, so I warmed up some buttered cabbage and had that. I have also been drinking copious amounts of tea both to warm me and to "fill me up". I hope this doesn't mean I am eating to go into hibernation.

No comments:

Post a Comment