Monday, December 11, 2017

More Grocery Shopping

I haven't done a lot of shopping for food this month, but I do continue to spend a lot of money. On December 5th, I bought some dairy and some vegetables. I didn't need to buy any meat but I spent $68 because I was still picking up extra items for Christmas stockings. Today I spent $127 at Food Basics, which contained a few items for Christmas baskets. I had a lot of errands to run and a lot of shops to go to, so yes I have spent more money. I bought myself a Christmas gift also. I like it very much but it was totally a spur of the moment splurge.
It cost me $36 and let me tell you, I have never spent so much on a purse in my life. It is big (the way I like it), has a shoulder strap, a kazillion large pockets inside and out to hold a cell phone, camera, water bottle and even one  that will hold a 10 inch tablet, and it is made of a material that protects your credit cards, passport, etc., from being read. It is gray and black with a purple lining. I really, really like it. It is perfect for traveling. Thanks Santa.

So on to the grocery store, which was the last shop of the day.
I bought the ham for Christmas Eve dinner to go with a beef roast I already have. The kielbasa will go with cheese and crackers, when entertaining. The cost for both was $16.37
Dairy cost me $23.91 The Black Diamond cheese bars were the bargain this week at $3.77 a pkg. I bought four......Old cheddar, marbled cheddar, mozzarella, and Pepper Jack with jalapenos.

Produce cost $21.19  Both cabbage cost $6.98, cauliflower was only 97 cents each, broccoli was 2 for $3, a bag of carrots was $1.27, three zucchini were $2.15, a 3 lb. bag of apples was 2.97, and the 4 avocados cost $2.88
Pantry items cost me $13.56  The walnuts, almonds, crackers and olives will be for entertaining.
Sundry items cost $41.51  Not pictured here is a container of 60 dishwasher tabs at $13.99 I was gifted a Keurig coffee machine one Christmas from my brother which I rarely use, except when I have company. The Tim Hortons was on sale for $19.99 for 30 single serves. I was almost completely out of TP and I did run out of paper towels (which I rarely use), so I grabbed some of each. I picked up four spices to make up some more of my spice mixes for only $2.45  If you are adding this up in your head, you will realize that some items are missing, but those are going into gift baskets. I will need to shop again just before Christmas, but I do like to spread my entertaining food items over a longer stretch of time, so the damage is less noticeable.

No comments:

Post a Comment