Monday, February 19, 2018

Daybook: Monday, Feb. 19/18

It is Family Day here in Ontario and a Provincial public holiday. Many banks and businesses will not be open today; but Federal government offices, including the Post Office will be open. It is also my Sister's birthday today, so I will be making a call to her later this morning.

Outside my window.....it is bright and sunny.

I am thinking.....that I have not felt very motivated the past week to continue my Spring Cleaning regimen and I do not have many goal accomplishments to show, but I did work on getting some things done.

I am thankful for.....relatively good health this winter [knock on wood]....I haven't suffered any cold or flu so far this season.

From the kitchen.....I finished another roasted chicken this week. I baked dog biscuits again yesterday and the last head of cabbage has been shredded and is sauteing in the kitchen now as I write this. I cooked the rutabaga yesterday and had some with dinner last night. I hard boiled 5 eggs last night to eat as snacks.

I am wearing.....black denim jeans, black fluffy socks and a navy sweat shirt.

I am creating.....an embroidery project on a pillow slip. I made 3 valentine cards and 2  birthday cards and one "Thinking of You" card last week. (So I guess I did accomplish one of my goals after all) I also water coloured some of my new stamps of crazy cats and crazy birds and made some backgrounds for future card-making.

I am going.....to the post office to check my mail and the drug store later today to pick up 2 prescriptions and some dairy items.

I am hoping.....I will feel inspired this week to do a bit of cleaning.

I am hearing.....only occasional traffic noises. The dog is sleeping upstairs.

Around the house.....the vacuuming is still calling out to me, but I have been ignoring it.

One of my favourite things.....right now is the new stamp I bought myself on Monday. I have been checking out Pinterest to gather ideas for card-making, including a number of cat and bird puns I can use.

A few plans for the rest of the week......start tomorrow with my son and his fiancee coming over with dinner to celebrate my birthday. Wednesday I have two doctors' appointments in the afternoon. Friday, a friend and I are going to spend the day together, and Sunday I will drive to my brother's and SIL's in Smith Falls. We have tickets to go to a concert in Ottawa that night, so I will be spending the night with them and returning home on Monday.

Here's the picture I am sharing.....

I bookmarked a site that has embroidery patterns that I can print out. I used carbon paper to transfer the design to an old pillow case I already had and I am using embroidery floss that I purchased years ago. This pattern has a little bit of everything....back stitch, split stitch, chain stitch, lazy daisy, cross stitch and french knots. I have been making mistakes as it has been years since I have done any kind of embroidery, but this is a great project for practice, or to get this NEED for embroidery OUT OF MY SYSTEM. Ha. I will either keep this for myself or give it to one of my grand daughters as a gift. It is also a good project to pick up and work on a little bit at a time.

4 comments:

  1. Hope you have a wonderful birthday celebration with your son! Love the design on the pillow case. Sounds like you have a busy week ahead! Have a fun week, Susan. (Keeping my comments short because my computer is being temperamental.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the warm birthday wishes Bless. Hope your computer doesn't conk out on you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

    Did you and your sister have to share birthday parties when you were growing up?

    The pillow case is going to be beautiful when you're done! I hope you'll share a picture of the finished product. You have so much patience...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the birthday wishes, Nathalie. My sister and I did not have to share birthday parties when growing up.....maybe when we were very young, but I don't remember. She is 4 years younger than me, so the age group of our friends was so different. She was the bratty younger sister and I was the bossy older sister, so it wouldn't have worked.
    I will show you a picture of the finished handwork.

    ReplyDelete