Wednesday, March 21, 2018

My Apologies

I need to begin by making apologies to the many people who have responded to my Daybook post by commenting, emailing and phoning me. I didn't mean to alarm people. This is the reason why I should never try to post on my blog when I am feeling down in the dumps. Everybody knows I have been treated for Depression most of my adult life and they are afraid of the worst. That is why I was quick to point out that I am not clinically depressed....just feeling down. I already attributed this to Spring Fever and I am sure that is all it is. Every Spring I used to talk of moving and I would look through the Real Estate pages. I think it is human nature to feel restless this time of year. Anyways, your concern was not all for naught because you gave me several ideas for consideration. And I am considering. This morning my SIL (the one who suggested a big cull of my personal possessions and yard sale)  is actually coming to help me over the next few days. She will be a sounding board as well and will also be offering advice. This is the same SIL who came last winter and Spring to help me purge out a lot of "cobwebs" so I could move on. Nathalie was quite correct to remind me that I already have a strong support system here where I am presently and both she and Bless have advised me to talk with someone and actually write down pros and cons before making any major decision. So I will be doing that for sure. Yes, moving is a big deal. I would have to sell this place first. I won't be doing that any time soon, but I can be preparing for that eventuality. In the meantime, I am paying all my bills. It is just very difficult getting ahead with any kind of savings when the cost of living just keeps going up and up, and all those life events that keep happening that require money to fix things. *laugh*  So I will be talking to people and asking for advice and suggestions, and I am giving consideration to all ideas that have been presented already. Thank you. I really appreciate the feedback.

So I had a wonderful time Friday night at Montana's. For dinner, I ordered a Cobb salad and tea for dessert. You will be happy to know that when I was presented with a humongous piece of ice-cream cake on a plate with 5 spoons, I did not have any of it. Nor did I have a glass of wine, much to the disappointment of my friends....but I am committed to staying away from the sugar. My dinner was paid for and I received several lovely cards with lottery scratch tickets inside. I won a total of $43. One of my friends gave me 3 tickets and every one of them was a winner. When the birthday cake was delivered to the table by the waiting staff, it had a sparkler lit on top. They also presented me with a very large set of moose antlers to wear for a Polaroid photo to be taken, so I have a memento of that night. I look like the Grand PooBah of the Moose Lodge. Ha,ha. The next birthday in the group won't be until August. And August is also the month that we will be getting together for our Girls' Weekend, near Ottawa.

Well, my SIL has arrived, so I am signing off for now. Talk later.

3 comments:

  1. Susan, no apologies are needed, at least as far as I am concerned, but, good to know that your friends and family knew to check on you. It's easy to feel down; you've recently gone through one of the most stressful events of your life, losing your husband; you've had a number of your loved ones experiencing health issues; you're dealing with finances; plus, you are probably ready for winter to be over and done with! Just keep in mind that moving is also considered another of life's more stressful events.

    I'm glad to hear that you had a lovely birthday celebration with your friends, even if you couldn't have a bite of cake or drink any wine. I don't drink any alcoholic beverages, so skipping the wine wouldn't have been a hardship, but avoiding that cake would have been very difficult! I have no willpower when it comes to cakes and desserts!

    Hope you are having a productive visit with your SIL. Take it one step at a time. (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Bless. I have had a very productive visit with my SIL. She actually left Thursday afternoon, but since she got me started that morning on the Craft Room, I was on a roll. You remember how I had wanted to Spring Clean in that room but couldn't get started because it was too overwhelming? Well it is started, and with a new objective in mind, I am clearing the clutter. My motivation is renewed and I am working with a new agenda. Yippee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear that, Susan. When can you and your SIL come down here to help me with my spare room a.k.a. The Dump? Can I tempt you with fresh lemons and oranges from my trees? Sunshine (when it's not raining for days on end) and warm(er) temperatures? I hope you'll post some pictures of your progress and maybe some of your enthusiasm will rub off on me!

    ReplyDelete