Monday, April 16, 2018

Daybook: Monday, Apr. 16/18

Outside my window.....it is gray and wet. It feels like the precipitation has not stopped since Friday morning. It started as rain, turned to freezing rain and ice pellets, and now back to rain. It is melting the accumulations of ice and ice pellets, which is good because I cannot move the ice dam at the end of my driveway.

I am thinking.....I don't feel like doing anything again today. I cannot motivate myself.

I am thankful for.....not having lost my electric power over the weekend. So many people did.

From the kitchen.....I have finished up the chicken soup I made last week. I roasted some chicken thighs last night with a baked sweet potato and steamed cauliflower with broccoli. I will be shredding and frying some cabbage later this afternoon to eat with some cooked ground beef for dinner tonight.

I am wearing.....blue jeans and a long sleeved blue and gray hooded t-shirt.

I am creating.....nothing. I am gathering boxes of materials to take with me when I go up north.

I am going.....nowhere today.

I am hoping.....the rains remove most of the snow and ice before the temperatures drop again tonight and freezes everything over.

I am hearing.....the patter of rain outside and the blower on the furnace coming on again.

Around the house.....it looks exactly like it did a week ago today. I have done nothing.

One of my favourite things.....these days is Netflix. I am still watching movies in the evenings. I have been "off" watching television series.

A few plans for the rest of the week.....allude me right now. I am totally uninspired right now. So far Wednesday looks like the best day for traveling, but I will have to keep my eye on the weather.

Here's the picture I am sharing.....
Friday afternoon, just after the ice storm started.

2 comments:

  1. I read something this morning that said "being busy doesn't mean being productive". So on the days that you're busy, you might not be productive and on the days when you don't do anything, you're not productive either. So I choose to have days when I don't do anything. There's NOTHING wrong with that. You did a lot the previous week and had a few emotional things going on too. You need to give your body and mind a rest. And I think an ice storm is the perfect excuse to watch Netflix!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, that kind of weather is not really conducive to doing much of anything other than just being, is it? Sometimes, we need a day or two in which to just be and restore ourselves. Easier said than done, I know, but that's my excuse for not doing the dishes, today!

    ReplyDelete