Friday, July 13, 2018

Vancouver

This is actually my second full day being in Vancouver. I haven't had much of a chance to post on my blog yet, mainly because I only get to use my tablet after my young 6 year old grand daughter goes to bed after 8 o'clock. She has full control of it during her waking hours. Ha.

I should qualify that statement by saying that yesterday she was actually gone to the Vancouver Science centre as part of her day camp experience, so she didn't actually have her hands on it until she returned home at 4 o'clock. But I had been out myself for part of the day, so I didn't have much time to figure out more of how to use the Blogger app on my tablet. You will have to bear with me. I also haven't had much opportunity to visit much of Vancouver city. I have been here several times before, so I no longer need to have the "nickel and dime" tour. I have been to Costco, Shoppers Drug Mart, the Dollar Store, and Wal-Mart. They all look the same no matter what part of the country you visit. My DIL has had appointments both days that I have been here, which have really dragged her out. I have barely talked to her. She has needed a lot of rest, and her medications and treatments are still constantly changing.

The weather here on the west coast has been amazing since I have arrived.....warm and sunny. This afternoon my son, grand daughter and I went to a nearby water park to cool down. It was filled with families having picnics and  enjoying the shade under the old established trees in the park. I bought a few postcards today and was able to write out a few of them to mail out tomorrow. Monday morning we will leave for California and we hope to get as far as Seaside in Oregon  by the end of the first day.

5 comments:

  1. You must be exhausted! It's nice that you have a few days to relax in Vancouver before you set off for California. Is your granddaughter going to the wedding with your son and yourself too?

    Enjoy your family time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My son and I are driving down with youngest grand daughter and 15 year old grand daughter to the wedding. We plan to drive down the coastal route and enjoy the trip. Coming back we will take the main thoroughfare over the course of two days.

      It is nice that I came down a few days ahead to help out and give myself a chance to relax before hitting the road. I also have a couple of days here after the wedding and before I need to fly back home.

      Delete
  2. Glad to see that you are enjoying your visit. I'm sure you being there is a blessing to your daughter-in-law; it sounds like her treatments are taking a toll on her. Please give her my best wishes. Post as and when you can, Susan. But take lots of pictures to share with us, later. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Again,I was unable to post today. Too much going on getting ready to leave on Monday. I haven't been taking any photos yet, but I need to make a point tomorrow of learning more about Blogger on my tablet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thoroughly enjoy reading about your adventure. Safe travels for you and yours!

    ReplyDelete