Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Ripping and Pruning

You know that I am preparing my garden beds for cooler weather when I start removing vegetation....no, not just pulling out grass and weeds, but the plants themselves. I removed wheel barrow loads of plant material this morning. I pulled out armfuls of  "snow-in-summer" and I dug up and transplanted mini irises into pots for giving away. The snow-in-summer doubles itself every year and though I have already transplanted some of it, I need to destroy most of it or it will take over the whole bed.

I also got out the bypass pruning shears and took out most of my shrub rose bush. I have cut the canes to about 18 inches  and most of the leaves are gone. I also pruned back hard  my Forsythia bush and removed a lot of the dead wood at the base. I still have more shrubs I need to prune before the cold weather. Yesterday I worked my two hours pulling weeds again from the driveway and then applying one and a half gallons of my weed killer.  I have noticed this summer in particular that each time I go out to weed the driveway, there are fewer weeds to pull. That is partly because of the vinegar, and partly because I have gone out to weed more often before the weed seeds can spread.

Yesterday I deleted some documents on my computer that I didn't need. Hopefully, I will be able to delete a few photos in the future that are no longer necessary from my downloads. I received one of my Amazon deliveries already, so I can soon start my Christmas projects. But this afternoon I had a doctor's appointment, so didn't have time to do much else today. I have another small pork roast in the crock pot for dinner tonight to go with leftover mashed turnip and steamed green beans.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you've been busy in the garden! I really must look for that "snow-in-summer" for my garden! I wouldn't mind getting something that will take over the garden bed! My African daisies do that, to a certain extent, and I love it. But, it will grow only where it wants to grow and not necessarily where I plant it! LOL!

    Glad your Amazon deliveries are coming in; I know you are looking forward to get started on your Christmas gifts.

    Hope your doctor's appointment went well and everything is OK. Take care.

    Thank you for putting me on your Blog List - is it a new feature? I hadn't noticed it, before. I've been thinking of doing a blog list, myself, but, haven't done it, yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started out this morning by trying to see if I could link my Google Plus account with Blogger. It seems that suddenly some friends and family members are not getting any notifications of new postings. I knew that happened to me with other bloggers. I don't get any alerts from posts that I have been following, so for the past couple of months I have been going in by checking the websites that I have bookmarked. But my friends and family used to get my posts as an email directly to their email accounts. That is why you never see any replies from them. When they make a comment on something I have written, it is a reply to an email. Are you confused yet? Anyways, apparently their email addresses were also dropped right from the list. I discovered that today and so I was able to go back in and add them again. I hope it will work. While I was inside the workings of Blogger, I discovered how to add a list of blogs I like to read. I have seen where some bloggers (like Nathalie) has done this. So I am hoping that this will be a way of following you without having to go in through a bookmark. I am an old dog, and it takes me a while to learn new tricks. I don't often have the time to "waste" trying to learn on my own, but it is often the way I will remember how to do it next time. And so, to answer the question I started with this morning; yes, I am able to post my blog posts on Google plus, but it took far too long to find the answer. The whole day has gone by and I didn't get outside, or get anything else accomplished.

      Delete