Wednesday, April 30, 2014

A lovely host of daffodils...

My SIL and I returned home from Elliot Lake Monday evening in time for dinner.  My brother had prepared a beautiful crockpot dinner for all of us. My Sweetie Pie was there, waiting to take me and a trunkful of toys and other gently used items back home, I don't think he was happy to see everything I brought home, since I am always talking about purging our place and having a huge yard sale in the Spring. But I have a lot of great toys for the grandkids. I can keep the best, and sell the rest. 

The trip up north was wonderful...very busy and very productive. I hoped to carry some of that energy and motivation to my spring-cleaning when I got back, but I need to rest up for a couple of days first. The first morning we were there, we woke up to a fresh blanket of snow. Spring is coming, but there is still ice on the lakes and rivers, and still lots of snow in the woods. They are about 2 weeks behind us here in northeastern Ontario. Everything here is so green and as I suspected, I have a lot of daffodils. The rain is supposed to continue all week. 

I received some freebies in the mail while I was gone. A package arrived from SampleSource.com with samples of shampoo and Frizz Ease from John Frieda, 2 laundry scent boosters from Downey, 2 Sunlight dishwasher tablets with Oxi Clean, a full sized Hershey bar with whole almonds and a full sized granola bar from Quaker made with quinoa. I have eaten that already. It is yummy. 

My doctor's office called in my absence and scheduled an appointment for a full physical for yesterday afternoon. My day was pretty much filled up with email catch-up, my appointment and a little bit of grocery shopping at Giant Tiger. Frozen battered fish was half off the regular price, so I picked some up for last night's dinner. I also got a dinner ham, 4 lbs of ground chicken, cooking onions, and whole wheat tortillas for $22. I don't think I will need to do a major grocery shop until Friday. Maybe by then the skies will have cleared.

No comments:

Post a Comment