Thursday, May 1, 2014

Aubrieta deltoides (an alpine)

     It was another cool,wet, rainy day. I really want to get outdoors to clean up the yard and pull some weeds before they get too overwhelming. Last fall, I did not clean up my beds or make the transplants I wanted to do. In spite of the neglect, my perennials are making a spectacular show in the garden. The lawn has grown enough this week that I could probably cut  the grass this weekend. 

     This morning my grocery flyers arrived in the driveway. I have been able to come up with 2 weeks worth of menu planning based on the sale items, so I am ready to do a major grocery shop. There may be more crock pot meals, salads, and barbecues as the weather warms up and I find myself outdoors more. I have decided that I will have a vegetable garden this year that I will tend more diligently than I have in past years. I love flowers more, but I need to learn how to look after a vegetable plot so that I can eat more fresh veggies and save even more of my grocery budget. And it wouldn't hurt to get some exercise, fresh air and lots of vitamin D.  

     

No comments:

Post a Comment