Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Happy New Year

My Boxing week haul
It is the last day of the year. I think I should make time to get a post out, don't you? Above in the photo, you will see my best deals of the week. I did not go shopping the day after  Christmas, but rather waited for a few days. I went to Giant Tiger specifically for Christmas wrap, as we were completely out and I need to start wrapping Advent calendar presents in September. Everything was 50% off. I picked up 7 rolls of wrap for $3.50, 4 robe-sized boxes for $1.50 total, and some indoor decorative lights and outdoor LED's for $5 and $6 to replace some strings that were damaged and burned out this year. I spent one of my Michael's gift cards on some fantastic after Christmas sales.  I picked up ten reams of cardstock for only $20. These are normally $6 each....now for $2 each. I made sure I picked up 2 of white and black (basic card colours). Also on sale were their photo boxes at 6 for $10. You cannot buy this size of gift boxes for this cheap, and these are very sturdy boxes. The cotton yarn was only 1.49 a ball, only 50 cents off, but I picked up four so I could get a head start on some crafting. I used a 50% off coupon to buy the roll of black rhinestones at regular price. I will need this for a big project coming up soon. 

The only groceries I have bought this week are two hams and some frozen meatballs that were both less than 1/2 the regular price. I have leftover turkey meat in the freezer, ground beef , kielbasa, cooked pork roast and lots of turkey stock to make soup. We are still eating  Christmas nibbles (nuts. pretzels, candy and the like) and treats (cookies and fruit loaves) I don't think I will need to do a major grocery trip for the whole month of January.  This week I was able to make a batch of laundry soap and I quadrupled a batch of brown gravy mix. I used up the last of what I had  during the Christmas holidays while making our special dinners. I know I will be using up a lot during these  winter months. In order not to waste food, I have been putting portions in the freezer instead of relying on them being used up during the day for lunches. 

Very soon  I will tell you some of my plans and goals for the coming year. In the meantime, I will be enjoying the company of friends as we bring in 2015. Happy New Year everyone. Be safe. 



No comments:

Post a Comment