Friday, January 2, 2015

A New Year

We had a major snow squall yesterday.
We left here yesterday morning for Lansdowne where we were going to celebrate New Year's Day with friends. When we left, the roads were clear. The closer we got to Kingston, the more snow was coming down and blowing around. Visibility was getting worse until we came to a section of highway that was very slippery. At that point OPP officers were closing the 401 at Montreal Street. We decided to turn around and one hour later we were back home. Within 10 to 15 minutes, the 401 traffic was being diverted by our  house on Highway 2. We learned today that the 401 was shut down  from Napanee to Highway 15. We still haven't heard how many vehicles were involved in the pileup; but, I am really glad we decided to come back home. We didn't really get a lot of snow, but when it comes quickly as a squall it doesn't really matter how much there is. Today is a beautiful sunny day and the snow is actually melting.  

I still haven't got my MOJO back since celebrating the Christmas season. I can't seem to motivate myself to get back into a routine of sorts, but I am formulating some goals for myself that I will share in time. I don't like to call them resolutions but I do like to have plans around this time of year. I am reflecting on the past year and deciding on the things that are important to me and how I need to change my behaviours to get more from life. I want to simplify and declutter my surroundings, so I see a major yard sale this Spring. I need to find strategies that will work in getting me more organized. I need to find things that will work for me. Any ideas? 

No comments:

Post a Comment