Friday, November 14, 2014

First snow of the seasonOur first snow

Our first snow

   Time to take down the clothesline and bring in the clothespins. They did me well through most of  3 seasons. I have actually been using my new clothes drying rack inside that I bought at Canadian Tire a couple of months ago. This light scattering of snow will be gone soon. It is already melting at the front of the house where the sun is presently shining. The parcels are shipped out to BC. I have been  crafting and "wrapping up" (literally) some loose ends to other packages that are going to be shipped or delivered to others closer to home. I would like to get this done so that I can clean off my dining room table once more, and then get ready to attack my Christmas cards and baking. Don't know yet whether or not I will be making my cards again this year. 
   My bank account has received quite a hit this month,  but this is why I why I budget. The financial guru Dave Ramsey says that having a budget is directing where you spend your money instead of wondering where it all went. I want to use my money to send small gifts to my kids and grandkids ( and all the shipping costs involved with that). Of course it is easier to send money (and I do that too), but I really enjoy making up these little surprises as well. If I complain about all the work involved in buying/crafting/wrapping all these little things, know that it is self inflicted and I am having the time of my life. 
   My best buy this week at the grocery store was pork loin at No Frills. It was $1.98 a pound in the cryovac package. I cut it up into some pork chops and a few small roasts for the freezer. Otherwise, I have been using up the sausage, chicken, and ground beef from the freezer. I will need to free up some space for the Christmas baking that will need to start soon. We picked up bread and milk from Shopper's this week with a gift card but I haven't even opened this week's flyers yet. Have a great weekend everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment