Monday, November 17, 2014

Snowy Monday morning


     The snow actually started early this morning before 7 o'clock. It was a mixture of rain and snow and was not accumulating on the ground. It has since turned into big wet flakes of "packy snow"...good for building snowmen. It is now accumulating on the side streets and is really quite slushy and slippery. Our fire department has responded twice already to emergency calls.
     I decided this morning to make a list of what I want to accomplish before I sit down once again at the dining room table to make Christmas cards.  I finished my "to do" list and then some. So I guess it is okay to "slack" for the rest of the day crafting. Firstly, I put a pork roast in the crockpot and unloaded the dishwasher. It wasn't 11 o'clock yet (hydro rates are high peak from 7 am until 11), so I folded laundry from the dryer and then proceeded to do a deep clean of all 3 toilets and bathroom sinks. I didn't do any bathtubs or bath surrounds. I will save that job, and the floors, and spot clean the walls on another day. I actually wasn't feeling well this morning. I woke up with a headache and an "iffy" stomach. By the time I finished cleaning, it was 11 AM so I put a load of whites and lights in the washing machine, and went downstairs to bake a batch of dog biscuits. I managed to find another full load for the dishwasher, so I did that. I also took the compost out to the bin. I hung my laundry on my drying rack, made another batch of powdered laundry detergent and made some more brown gravy mix  for the pantry.  I put a pot of beef and vegetable soup on the stove to simmer while I warmed the last of the chicken soup for my lunch. It is amazing what I can accomplish when I can stroke items off a list. I am almost finished making all the Christmas cards for the kids in my life. I managed to get a lot of those cards done on the weekend, when I should have been doing some long-neglected housework. That is why I started today with a list. It worked so well, I will probably continue doing it for the rest of the week. So stay dry, stay warm, and be happy. Talk later.

No comments:

Post a Comment