Monday, November 2, 2015

More photos of my trip away

Little park in Eganville
We did spend a couple of days driving into surrounding towns Eganville and Renfrew to do a little shopping and visiting the small gift shops to see what they had to offer for sale. I did buy some items in the gift shops, but my shop of choice was a Main Street Dollar Store in Renfrew (not a chain store like Dollar Tree or Dollarama), so I was able to find a few different items I hadn't seen before. These are already wrapped up and recorded for my Advent calendars. After a morning of shopping, we stopped into this little tea shop where I ordered a hot homemade beef barley soup and a Chai Vanilla tea for lunch. It sure hit the spot. 

Tea Shop in Renfrew

A group of women had just left when we arrived. They had been celebrating a special occasion like a birthday or shower. I loved the lace curtains, wainscotting, tiny wallpaper print and all the lovely paintings on the walls. It reminded me of  Grandma's House. I also loved that we got to choose our china teacup from the buffet. 

Tall pines on one of the many walking trails on the resort. 


Not all the trees had lost their leaves

Love the orange against the clear blue of the sky

This particular day the water was as still and clear as glass.

One of the zip lines cross over the lake. 

We spent the last day enjoying the scenery and the walking trails on the Resort property. It was very quiet and a time of rest and reflection. It was a perfect way to end our girls' week away. Lots of pictures and memories to fill our growing stack of albums of all the trips we have spent together. 

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photos, Susan, thanks for sharing! I particularly love the one of the orange tree (it looks like it's on fire!) against the deep blue sky. It's breathtaking!

    I take it none of you went ziplining? It sure looks fun, even to big old chicken me!

    I'm with you, I love tea parlours. We have one that opened downtown Clermont but it's not in someone's old house, you know? The best one I ever visited was in San Luis Obispo, CA (I think), 27 years ago. Someone had completely turned an old house into one of those tea "shops" and they had an awesome brunch on Sunday mornings. My ex BIL took my soon to be husband (now ex husband) and me and it was the best brunch I have ever had. Each room of the house had a buffet and tables so it was like a bunch of small dining rooms and the food was sooooo good. And yes, there was tea too. I wish I remembered the name of it so I could look it up to see if it's still there.

    I also used to love having British High Tea at the Grand Floridian resort at Walt Disney World. I would take my mom when she came to visit when the kids were little. So much fun! Ha, memories! I'm glad you made great ones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The zip-lining did look fun. There were two of us that would have gone if it had been running.

    ReplyDelete