Monday, October 6, 2014

When did it become October?

My pink potentilla shrub blooms most of the summer right into late fall.

    This morning was raining and cool and I realized that my winter wardrobe was still packed away under the bed. Time to switch out my shorts and t-shirts for fleece and sweaters. I threw a load in the washer, thinking that maybe I would need to hang my laundry inside on my new hanging dryer that I bought from Canadian Tire a while back. But lo and behold, the sun came out and there was a nice warm breeze to dry the clothes nicely out doors. After switching out my closet, I swiffered under the bed before placing the summer wardrobe underneath, and then gave the floors a vacuum. I opened up my gift trunk and piled everything on the bed to sort. I have a bag for each grandchild in which I collect little gifts for their Advent calendars. I combined the little things that I bought in New Jersey with the items I have been collecting all through the year, and then made a list of what I have for each. The result is.....I have a lot more shopping and crafting to do yet. And I want to have it done by the end of this month.
     I had a successful grocery shop on Saturday. We went to No Frills for their sale items this week, but also managed to do a lot of price matching with No Frills, Walmart and Freshco. It take a bit of organizing, but the savings can be huge. I had my husband go to Giant Tiger for me when he had to go to Napanee later in the afternoon. They had a two lb dinner ham for less than $6 and 10 lbs. of potatoes for $1.88 The bill was less than $120 for all the groceries we bought. Except for bread and milk, I don't expect to need much more for the month. Yesterday I helped serve dinner to our clients at St. Andrew's, as they were very short staffed. And that was my weekend. Talk again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment