Monday, November 20, 2017

Daybook: Monday, Nov. 20/17

It is 6 o'clock Monday evening. I have decided I am going to post my Daybook before I sit down for dinner, or I will never get it done. I was thrilled to see that my blogging friend Nathalie posted something this morning, and also relieved that she took off the comment section. I try really hard to read blog posts, but I just haven't had time to comment on anyone's. Maybe I will do the same thing. At this time of year, no one has time to "fritter" on the computer. After all, I started this blog only to keep friends and family informed of my daily activities.

Outside my window.....there is snow on the ground. It started Saturday night, so that Sunday morning we woke up to our first snowfall of the season. A lot of it melted away, but then again this morning, it began snowing again. It is dark outside and has been for a couple of hours.

I am thankful for.....on-line shopping. I am buying a lot of my stocking stuffers from Amazon and loving it. It is worth it to me to have stuff delivered right to my door, in all kinds of weather.

From the kitchen.....this weekend, I baked a batch of doggie biscuits and immediately put half of them away in the freezer for all my doggie friends at Christmas. That means I will have to bake another batch this weekend and again put half of them away. I have them wrapped up in paw print bags. I made a chicken broth this afternoon and another Tex Mex casserole for dinner tonight.

I am wearing.....black leggings (SURPRISE!), black button down shirt, black socks, and a red sweater with white polka dots. 

I am creating.....more Christmas cards. I wanted to make 15-20 last week, but only accomplished  ten. I need to speed things up. I also put together quickly an easy beading project.

I am going.....to have supper, watch the news, and then some Netflix for the rest of the night.

I am hoping.....I can finish cleaning up the cellar this week and also get out my outside Christmas decorations.

I am hearing.....the furnace coming on.

Around the house.....there is so much to do, it is beginning to affect my sleep. My mind is racing in the early morning hours with everything that needs doing. "Dee" reminded me this morning that to eat an elephant, you need to take one bite at a time.

One of my favourite things.....I don't know. I don't want to think right now.

A few plans for the rest of the week.....include wrapping all the stocking stuffers for my daughter and my SIL. The Advent calendars are finished and I will have to arrange meeting my daughter in Cobourg (which is halfway for each of us) and have lunch somewhere and I can give the kids their Advent gifts for the first of December. I want to finish up as many Christmas cards as I can so that I can mail them out at the end of November. I NEED to do some grocery shopping. I want to start putting up some outdoor decorations and lights. I have to call and arrange an appointment to have my winter tires put on. I want to finish up the cellar so I can call someone in to find the source of the water that is still on the basement floor. My son and I replaced the eaves trough and downspout, but I am having to pump water out of the basement every single day. My plan is to bring up all the bins and boxes and "deal" with them up here. I have thrown things out. I have found storage for some things up here on the main living area or out in the shed. But nothing is going back down into the cellar. Period.

Here's the picture I am sharing.....

.....some Christmas cards...


No comments: