Monday, November 6, 2017

Daybook: Monday Nov. 6/17

Outside my window.....my autumn coloured silk leaf garland is still hanging from my porch railing. My 10 little  pumpkin lights are still sitting in the garden. A basket of hanging vines is still suspended from the porch ceiling where I transplanted them before I left on my trip out West, and amazingly they are still alive. We have had a couple of hard frosts.

I am thinking.....there is still yard cleanup to do, but I may hold off until I am ready to put out some outdoor decorations.

I am thankful for.....a day without rain. We have had so much of it recently. I noticed quite a few areas that have flooded when I went into Kingston earlier this morning.

From the kitchen.....I made a big batch of  beef vegetable soup on Saturday, doggie biscuits yesterday morning, and right now I am lightly sauteing a large pot of shredded cabbage in butter. In another hour or two I will fry some eggplant slices to make a pan of moussaka for dinner tonight and tomorrow.

I am wearing.....my uniform of denim jeans, a blue long sleeved T-shirt with hoodie, and socks.

I am creating.....several Christmas projects. I've made some birthday and thank you cards to gift at Christmas. I have 14 completed Christmas cards, and some ready to put together, as well as 6 Christmas cards with boxes attached. I have made and mailed out another "Thinking of You" card. I need to make a wedding card to go with a gift certificate I bought this morning. And I am in the middle of putting together a mini album to send my grand daughter for all her graduation photos.

I am going.....nowhere else this afternoon. I did my errands and running around this morning.

I am hoping.....to complete at least 15 Christmas cards a week through the month of November, so I can mail them all out at the end of the month.

I am hearing.....school buses going past the house, which signals the fact that it is now after 2:30 in the afternoon.

Around the house.....I hope to get more cards and projects worked on this week. I went absolutely nowhere last week, not even the post office. This morning I picked up a lot of mail, including 3 packages. It was better than my birthday. I received two Halloween cards from two of my grands, the wedding announcement and photo of my niece's wedding, and  a sympathy card from a good friend on the passing of my stepdad. I wish I could say that I saved money by not leaving the house (no gas, no money spent in the stores); however, two of those packages came from Amazon, so you know that was not the case. I also picked up some groceries. This was the first shop for the month and I will post those photos later.

One of my favourite things.....right now is a Christmas 12" x 12" paper pad that I bought at  Michael's after Christmas sale about 3 years ago. It was a fantastic price and it continues to provide me lots of options for Christmas cards all these years later and for several years more.

A few plans for the rest of the week.....include 2 events that are both happening this Saturday. At 12:30 I will meet with one group of friends to celebrate a birthday lunch at a restaurant in Kingston. From there I will need to drive to Millhaven to catch the 2:30 ferry over to Amherst Island where I will be meeting up with another group of friends for a  day of Christmas Crafting. We will be making several different projects to sell the following Saturday at the annual Amherst Island Christmas Bazaar. We need to bring a dish to share for our potluck dinner. Hopefully, we will be able to get a lot of projects made for the sale in those few hours. Because I will be away from home for so long, I will need to bring the dog out to my son's place before I go to the restaurant for 12:30. It will be a very busy day...but fun.

Here's the picture I am sharing.....
My sample pack of Freebies arrived in the mail. From left to right, Breathe Right strips sample pack, Sensodyne mouth wash, full sized  Pedigree Denta Flex and Denta Stix bones, Little Caesar dog food, two Keurig coffee pods, sample of natural peanut butter, 3 different granola bars, coupons for free dairy products (creamed cottage cheese and a container of oat milk, and some high value coupons. I LOVE free.                                       

No comments:

Post a Comment