Monday, May 5, 2014

Brunneria Macrophylla - Sky blue flowers that resemble forget-me-not with textured heart shaped foliage. Grows in light shade. 


     Happy Cinco de Mayo Day amigos. Tonight we are having tacos for dinner. Everybody gets to make their own taco with ground beef (seasoned with my own Taco seasoning) and refried beans (homemade of course). No I didn't make the tortillas, but that is a project I would like to do someday. Everybody says how easy they are to make from scratch, so...... I didn't make the salsa either, but a dear friend of mine did. Top it all off with lettuce, chopped tomato, shredded cheese and sour cream, and call it supper. 

     Yesterday I made dog biscuits, boiled some eggs for lunches this week, fried 2 pounds of my stretched out beef mix (onions, celery, grated carrot) for dinner recipes this week, made Tuscan tomato bread soup, and meatloaf, mashed potatoes and turnip for dinner last night. I was on a mission to use up some of the bread I have in my freezer. I made two bread puddings, more fine bread crumbs, seasoned croutons and that yummy bread soup from the Prudent Homemaker blog. The seasoned croutons are in a glass quart container in the fridge.

     Today I started the day by bringing in the laundry that has been hanging outside since Saturday (when I foolishly assumed the rain had finally cleared up) and then I hung out two more loads of laundry that I did yesterday (knowing that today was definitely going to be rain free) I cleaned off my dining room table again. It won't last!  I still have to make and send my Mother's Day card, and I will be working on some decorations for my grandson's "Disney Planes"  birthday party this weekend. Yes I have a great craft room, but I need to get in there and clean and organize it. It is piled so high, there is no room in there for me to sit and actually work at my table. It was such a gorgeous day outside, I managed to get 2 hours of work done in the vegetable garden. I pulled a lot of weeds, but you can barely see the dent I made in it. If I can do a couple of hours a day, I'll be very happy. Okay, I've got laundry to fold. I'll talk later.  

     

No comments:

Post a Comment