Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Viola tricolour, Johnny Jump-ups, heartsease, or several other names that this plant goes by, is a prolific self seeding perennial. It is edible, heat-tolerant  and always makes me smile.

     Does everybody notice that humongous dandelion weed in my garden bed? I do. This is the reason why I need to get out and weed and clean up all that dead undergrowth from the flower beds before it gets unruly and overwhelming.  I did manage a little gardening over an hour yesterday in the front flower bed. I wanted to continue in the vegetable plot, but this photo above was driving me crazy. I could barely stand looking at those weeds. 

     Well I have been remiss in warning you all about the change of hours in the Hydro schedule. I received my on-line Hydro bill yesterday and realized that our SUMMER hours began on May 1st. It has hardly felt like summer, so I am guessing that is why I didn't remember the change. All these past months, I have been diligently aware of the on-peak hours being between 7 AM to 11 AM and  5 PM to 7 PM, and adjusting my daily routine to fit. Well now, everything is thrown on its head. On-peak hours are now after 11AM and before 5 PM!!! So you will now be waiting until 5 to start up the oven and the cooktop. This is the opposite of what you have been doing. Off-peak hours remain the same....7 PM to 7 AM and week-ends and holidays. My dishwashing and laundry schedule are not impacted. 

     It is becoming overcast outside. I may have to stay indoors this afternoon to make some birthday decorations for my 3 year old grandson. His birthday party is this Sunday afternoon, on Mother's Day. 
Talk to you later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment