Saturday, May 3, 2014

Pasque flower
     Yesterday afternoon I did manage to get outside to do some weeding and pulling dead growth from around my backyard pond. I don't know how long I spent outdoors before getting cold and tired, but at least I got it started. Today it is pouring rain again. Tomorrow (Sunday) is supposed to be the best day of the week. I would like to start cleaning up our raised vegetable bed. 

     Yesterday I also got to a few stores to do some grocery shopping. I started with the Bulk Barn where I had printed out from my computer a $3 off $10 coupon. I bought lots of quick oatmeal, 2 quarts of cornmeal, black beans, about 2 cups raisins, Parmesan cheese (half of which I keep in the freezer), smoked paprika and virgin coconut oil (which I divide into two containers...one for cooking, and one that I use as a body moisturizer). I like to keep these items in large mason jars, glass, or see-through plastic containers so I can see at a glance what I have and how much is left in the container, The total was $21.45-$3 coupon=$18.45
Bulk Barn purchases

     I spent $70.87 at No-Frills. My best buys were the pork back ribs for $2.88 a pound, no name 500 g cheese blocks for $3.77 each, a very large bag of bananas on the reduced shelves for $1.49, russet potatoes at $1.67 for 10 pounds, pasta sauce for only $.88 and Red Rose tea (72 bag) for $1.97  Unfortunately, there were no fresh vegetables on sale, so I picked up some baby bok choy, romaine lettuce and tomatoes, and rutabagas. I still have red peppers, celery and cabbage in the crisper. I only have niblets corn in the freezer, so this will have to do until either next week-end or until I can pick some up at Food Basics or Freshco, later  this  week.

Shopper's Drug Mart


      The last stop on the way home was at my Shoppers Drug Mart where I had some more coupons from online. Eggs were only $1.99 again and milk costs $3.97 (but I had a coupon that gave me a bonus 800 points for the milk purchase) I used a coupon for a box of Royale facial tissue which gave me a second box for free, and I had a coupon to make Coke Classic only $2.99.(not pictured)  Campbells mushroom soup was only 69 cents each, Highliner tilapia was on sale for $5.99, Catelli Smart pasta was 3 boxes for $5, and Post 's Honey Bunches of Oats was on sale for $2.99. I had a vendors coupon for $1 off, so only paid $1.99 Because my total food bill was $33.31, I qualified for an extra 8,000 points, which gave me a total of 9130 points for yesterday's $30 purchase. Have I mentioned before how much I love reward points?

     My sweetie pie drove his friend into Napanee yesterday. He went to the Vet's office to buy our special diet cat food, and he stopped at Giant Tiger to pick up 6 cans of Primo diced tomatoes for $.88 each. All in all, it was a very successful grocery shop. Counting my receipt of $22.49 from last Tuesday and $31.18 from Napanee, we spent $198.79 of our household budget. 




3 comments:

  1. Where do you get all your coupons!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Bulk Barn coupon I print from the internet...(search $3 off Bulk Barn coupon). If there is one available for the week, it will be there. I signed up for the Shopper's Drug Mart newsletters, so they email me directly with any store coupons that are available, which is quite often actually (once or twice a month). Most manufacturers' coupons I get from flyer inserts or from CouponChristine.com and MrsJanuary.com These are two Canadian couponing sites that I highly recommend. Some coupons are mailed to you, and others you can print from home. I may clip a coupon but not necessarily use it unless it is a product I was going to buy anyway, or if combined with a sale price makes it a better buy than my usual product. Just because I have a coupon to save some money, does not necessarily make it a bargain if I will not be using the product. Hope this helps.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete