Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Bleeding Heart

     Because of the late Spring, it seems as though all my spring flowers want to make an appearance all at once. I haven't finished my cleaning and weeding of the flower beds even yet, but I have lots of showy flowers vying for attention. I made an attempt yesterday to mow the front and back yards. I didn't finish our very large back yard before both the mower and myself ran out of gas. Today I finished pulling the weeds from the vegetable garden so it is now ready to be roto-tilled. And I also trimmed the edges around the front yard and pulled some  more weeds. After working outside I am so-o-o exhausted. My sweetie pie will have to finish the back lawn with the riding mower.
     Tomorrow morning I have some tests to get done, starting with  "fasting" blood work and an xray of my left knee (I have a little arthritis I think). While they are taking a picture of my knee, I need to make an appointment for an ultrasound at the same lab (just to make sure all the organs are still there and functioning). This weekend, my brother and SIL in Smith Falls are having a birthday party for my dad. He will be down in the area visiting.  Dad has asked if I will go back to Elliot Lake with them afterwards for 2 weeks. I balked at first, because I really need to get this yard work done and get my gardens in. But I have agreed to go. He says he has some work for me to do. Maybe he wants his own garden in. Anyways, it won't be all work. It should be a fun time, and I know my work will still be here waiting for my return. 
     The birthday party on the weekend was a great success. I got lots of great photos for the scrapbook, and my grandson got lots of great toys (more planes) and clothes to wear this summer. His sister's birthday is the end of July, and that will be a "My Little Pony" birthday party. Well, must go to start dinner. Talk later. 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment