Tuesday, February 3, 2015

After the snowfall, the sun made an appearance.
I actually made it out three times yesterday to shovel the driveway. There wasn't a lot of snow that fell, but it was really blowing and drifting. I had no trouble sleeping last night after all that exercise. 

Though I hadn't prepared a "to-do" list, I was busy all day. I started in the kitchen by soaking a few pans and casserole dishes. That moved smoothly into clearing the counters off and washing those. The microwave was cleaned as well as the cook top. Once the surfaces were cleaned off, I prepared a chicken vegetable soup with the stock I made yesterday. While that was simmering, I made a bread pudding with some buns that needed using up. I wanted to make seasoned croutons as well, but didn't get around to it.....for another day.  I decided I needed to get some of my cards into today's mail pickup, so I addressed all the envelopes and wrote sentiments in each of the cards. I took photos of the kids' valentines but will not show them here until after Valentine's Day. While writing the addresses on the envelopes, I realized that my address list needed to be redone. People have been crossed off the list because they are no longer with us, or they have moved and changed their address. The list was looking very messy and was getting very difficult to read. So I printed out 4 new pages from the computer so I can rewrite my mailing list. I can do that tonight while watching television. We are having pork chops and scalloped potatoes with carrots for supper, with bread pudding for dessert. 

No comments:

Post a Comment