Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Happy Birthday to my Sweetie Pie

Shopping for my pantry
Unfortunately, I have already spent over my food budget for the month and it isn't half over yet. I thought I couldn't resist spending some money at No-Frills on these loss leaders to help me fill up my pantry shelves. I bought another 10 kg (22 lbs) of flour....not because I am out, but because it was a great price for $7.97 (I actually price matched this with Freshco)  No Frills was also having a case sale on Del Monte veggies. I bought one of peas and another of niblets corn. That was 12 cans for $8.88 which works out to 74 cents a tin....cheaper than no name brand. I only paid $1.50 for the 10 pounds of yellow onions. Guess who will be in the kitchen tomorrow peeling and chopping  onions for the freezer? Tears come to my eyes just thinking about it. Not pictured but also purchased today are two tins of Carnation evaporated milk ($1.25 each), two tins of  Holiday lunch meat ($0.98 each) , two pkgs. of egg noodles (0.99 each), and 6 bars of Irish Spring for $2.97.  They were not a GREAT price but they were priced at  my stock up prices for things I like to have on hand .  I still need to purchase more tinned tomatoes and more dry pasta when I find a good price for stocking up. My total bill came in at $111.63 after purchasing the things on my grocery list and the specials of the week.  

My husband has been taking birthday wishes over the phone since we have come back from town, the last one being from his oldest granddaughter in Vancouver. My son in Vancouver has bought me an airline ticket to go out at the end of March for 10 days, so I can visit with them over Easter and spend some time with the grandchildren.  Unfortunately, my husband cannot fly because of his aneurysm.  We keep remaining hopeful that the surgeon in Toronto will operate before too much longer. So I am roasting a chicken for his birthday supper and I am going now to bake a chocolate cake for him. Talk later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment