Monday, February 2, 2015

Goals for February

Homemade pea soup
Today is snowy, blowy and terribly cold out. I have been outside twice already to clear the driveway, so I love that I made this pea soup yesterday with bits of pork. It has hit the spot. I have some chicken bones in the crockpot today to make lots of chicken stock for some more soup this week. There doesn't appear to be a warming trend any time soon. The school kids got a "snow day" today, after being off on Friday for a PA day.

Continuing my goals for 2015 and trying to remain accountable, I am going to state my goals for February 2015. They are purging and organizing, finances, maintenance and preparedness, crafting, and cleaning projects. 
My cleaning project for February will be all the light fixtures and switch plates (including plugs) in every room. Because of my trip to Cuba and my subsequent illness, I didn't finish washing ALL of the doors in the house, and I do want to finish up. 
Finances: So far in February, I have spent $198.79.  That does not mean I went on a shopping spree yesterday on the first of the month. But since returning from vacation, I have bought groceries and applied them to February's grocery budget. I think the rest of the month will be a no-spend month, except for milk and bread. My freezers are full and I still have fresh fruit left in the crisper from last month. I am hopeful that I won't need to spend the $100 left in the budget. This morning I paid all my bills on line. 
Maintenance and preparedness: I made a new batch of homemade laundry detergent yesterday. I'm making a large batch of chicken stock today. 
Organizing and purging: I am going to make a strong effort to clean my craft room this month. I may not start today as I already purged the driveway of copious amounts of snow. HA. 
Crafting: I am ahead of the game here. Yesterday I produced 5 more Birthday cards for my stash...1 child's and 4 masculine cards. 





No comments:

Post a Comment