Wednesday, February 18, 2015

More food shopping

Each of these jars hold 4 pounds of pasta each.

On Friday, even though I ran over my food budget, I asked my SP to pick up 10 packages of pasta from Giant Tiger since he was going to be in Napanee anyway. Each pound package was only $.69 each (the price I have been waiting for to stock up). They only had elbow and penne pasta available, so he got 5 of each. Hopefully that will hold me until it goes on sale again. I could only fit 4 packages into each of my jars. 

My best deals at Shopper's Drug Mart.

By using store sales and coupons, I was able to get some great deals at SDM. I had some store coupons sent to me by email, as well as a couple of manufacturer's coupons. Eggs were on sale for $1.88  a dozen on Sat. and Sun. only. I also had a coupon for $1.00 off if I bought 2 dozen, giving me a price of $1.38 a doz. Score. Milk cost $3.77 with a store coupon. No-name cheese was on sale for $4.99 and with a  SDM coupon for $2.90 off any cheese, it cost me only $2.09. The Secret deodorant was on sale for $2.99, and with a manufacturer's coupon for $1.50 off, it cost me only $1.49. I picked up a few Campbells tomato soup tins at 69 cents a tin. My store coupon gave me only one tin for 49 cents. It used to be that the store coupons could be applied against all similar items, but obviously things have changed. My best deal was the Cascade dishwasher tabs. I received a store coupon for $4.00 off, bringing the cost to only $3.49 for 25 tabs. And because this is my birthday week, I got 4000 Optimum points just for showing up. Bonus. 

Over the weekend, there were some changes made to the Queen's mail server, so I have been trying to figure out how to retrieve my photos from my Blackberry to my blog. That is the biggest reason why I haven't been writing my posts since last Friday. Another reason is that I have been busy preparing my Dad's invitations for his 90th birthday party this Spring. I want them finished for this weekend when he and "D" come down to Smith Falls to my brother's and SIL's place.  I will have all the "components" done and everyone can help me assemble them. We will have a crafty good time. 





No comments:

Post a Comment