Monday, July 3, 2017

Daybook Monday: July 3/17

Outside my window.....it is a gorgeous sunny day and not too hot. The grass desperately needs cutting and trimming after days of rain.

I am thinking.....of all the fun I had this past weekend, but also the busyness of it all which prevented my getting any reading done. I have to catch up on my email and blogs.

I am thankful for.....all my wonderful friends.

From the kitchen.....I made a large carrot salad which I was able to bring to both potluck BBQs this weekend. I also made a batch of dog biscuits yesterday morning and a large pitcher of raspberry iced tea this morning.

I am wearing.....royal blue capris and a white printed T-shirt that says "Learning as a Journey". I have no idea where it came from but it is another "working shirt" as it is stained with paint and garden soil.

I am creating.....at least 4 more birthday cards this week for my own use. Before the weekend, I had 31 cards made (birthday and all-occasion) with envelopes and in gift boxes I also made. I prepared a gift pack of 12 for my friend's birthday on Canada Day, two gift packs of 8 cards each which I sold, and 3 for my own use. I attended three birthdays in the past three days.

I am going.....down for a wee nap this afternoon because I cannot keep my eyes open right now. All this partying has me tuckered out. Ha.

I am hoping.....the weather stays nice for a few days at least. There is so much yard work to do since all the rain (and the socializing) has kept me from working out in the yard.

I am hearing.....the window fan humming beside me, and the occasional road traffic.

Around the house.....my son is here doing up his laundry for the week. I did mine up yesterday morning while baking the dog's treats, and this morning while reading some blogs. It is hanging outside to dry. He dries his in the dryer to save time. It isn't ideal for me who is trying to use less electricity, but he only does it on weekends and holidays when it costs the least. I would ask him to cut the lawn for me, but he is working on his own project outside which will allow him to take all of his cactus plants home to his apartment. And THAT is more important to me.

One of my favourite things.....is my outdoor umbrella clothes line. I lo-o-ove clothes dried outdoors.

A few plans for the rest of the week.....include catching  up on reading and commenting on blogs, as well as catching up on writing more of my own. I have finally taken a look at my spending for June. I also did a major grocery shop for July and I need to post the results. I have two doctors' appointments next week, but none this week. There is no need to go anywhere, so there are no plans except to work outdoors whenever I can.

Here's the picture I am sharing.....this is the only Canada T-shirt I could find to buy this year. I knew I needed to buy a new one because I remembered the one from last year was stained. I left it too long and so by the time I visited the stores on Friday, everyone seemed to have sold out. I found this one in Giant Tiger hanging on a rack where it shouldn't have been. Lucky me!
For all you cat fanciers out there.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you've been busy, Susan. That's a lot of cards you made and a lot of birthdays you helped to celebrate! Your T-shirt is very cute. I'm glad you are having some sunshine and warmer temperatures after all the rain. Hope you have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was very busy. I attended the first birthday party on Friday in between shopping trips for groceries. I shopped in Napanee on Friday morning, took pictures, documented and put them away. I made some more cards and then shopped at Walmart on the way to my son's apartment, enjoyed a wonderful meal and birthday cake, and then shopped at No Frills before I went home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, the cat t-shirt is adorable! I'm glad you had such a great time this weekend! And that your son is taking his succulent to his place.

    Have a great and restful week, don't overdo it with the yard work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a long slow process but eventually the hope is that he will be able to take ALL of his cactus out of here. He is fashioning planters to keep them in at his place. Right now they are in separate pots in two rooms of my house.

    I didn't get the lawns mowed yesterday either. It rained again before the afternoon was over with.

    ReplyDelete