Monday, June 2, 2014


Lupines in my garden...no yellow ones this year. 


I apologize for being MIA these past couple of weeks. I was up north again in Elliot Lake helping out my Dad and his wife with some yard work and such. It wasn't all work, as I got to visit some friends.


Yesterday was my first day back. I started the day with some grocery shopping and laundry, and rounded it out with cutting some lawns. I still managed to get some shut-eye during the afternoon, as I was really feeling exhausted. Can you believe I left the house yesterday morning without my coupons? I took them out of my purse when I left for my trip and never thought to put them back. What a terrible oversight. Even so, I still managed to save a lot by buying the weekly specials. I scored big on the meat. No Frills was selling their eye of round roast in the cryovac packages for $2 a pound, and I happened upon an unadvertised special of chicken breasts at $1 a pound. Add that to my usual purchase of 4 pounds of lean ground beef for $10, and I am well stocked for the next few weeks. My sweetie pie cut up the two packages of  beef into smaller roasts and steaks for the freezer. I also took advantage of the sales on both canned and fresh fruit and veggies. Unfortunately, I did have to pay full price for some things because I had to stock up on a lot of items, but overall I was very pleased. There will be a lot of salads in the forecast as well now that the weather has warmed. It was only 14 degrees the day I left here. 

Today I have two medical appointments scheduled, so I won't be working outside until I return this afternoon. I need to "trim out the edges" of my lawns and garden beds, and do some more weeding...a never-ending job. The dog has been without his homemade treats for over a week, but since I have returned he keeps going to the cupboard to beg for some, and I keep telling him that there are no more. He doesn't understand why not, because I have been home for more than a day already. So I shall be baking after supper tonight. Talk to you tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment