Monday, September 8, 2014

Fall cleaning

This is my second cantaloupe (musk melon) from the garden. I brought the first one in yesterday and it is gone already.  My one starter plant that I bought in the Spring has produced 4 deliciously sweet melons which is enough because I am the only one who eats them. Loving it. 

My "clean up the paperwork" week was a dismal failure. I started out just okay and then it went downhill from there. I'll keep working at it. This week is "clean up your craft area". I didn't want two consecutive weeks to be totally bombed, so I decided to do a general cleanup this week instead. (If any of you have seen my craft room, you would understand why I have given up before I even started) I have written out my own goals for this week. Today (Day 1) was to clean the 2 1/2 bathrooms in the house. It took me 2 1/2 hours, but I was successful. I cleaned sinks, toilets, bathtubs, mirrors and vacuumed and washed the floors. I changed out all the towels, and emptied all the  garbage containers. I threw the shower curtain and the rubber bath mats in the washer with the floor mats. I also cleared, dusted and washed the laundry room area. I will save washing the window blinds and the light fixtures for a day when I can wash all of them  from each room. Likewise with window washing. I would rather do all of them at the same time. I even got outside for an hour to pull weeds today. I planned to be outside for 2 hours, but I was tired and the mosquitoes were biting. I came in to shower and napped for an hour instead. Tomorrow I will dust and vacuum my room and the spare bedroom, and the upstairs hallway. It is a big job but I will give it at least 2 hours. Next Tuesday I will give it another 2 hours, and eventually I will get the whole job done. This will be my attempt at Fall cleaning.  Now excuse me while I go to help myself to a huge piece of that cantaloupe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment