Wednesday, September 3, 2014

You may recognize this sedum found in most gardens this time of year. It is called "Autumn Joy". My plants are in various shades of colour depending on how much sunlight they  receive during the day...anywhere from white buds to dark pink. Before the snow comes, these flowers will turn burgundy. These perennials are so easy to grow. They split easily for transplant, are drought resistant, will grow in sun or shade (though it prefers sun) and will develop into a nice neat mound that makes a beautiful backdrop for your garden even when it is not blooming. One of my favourites.

Well I did not accomplish too much today. When I am feeling tired for whatever reason, it is hard to be motivated. I did however clean up paper. I picked up flyers and old magazines for the recycling. I cleaned up some of the crafting on the dining room table so I could work more comfortably. I went through my coupon book to throw out the expired coupons and I cut out and inserted the new ones I've received. I swept up the floors in the kitchen, dining room and living room (when I am making cards, I get bits of paper everywhere.) And in the computer room I started sorting through piles of papers and receipts. I tossed a lot, and tried to find homes for the rest. But I have given up for the day.

We had cauliflower with cheese last night with our fritatta and sausage. This was the one good cauliflower from the garden. Oh my goodness! It tasted wonderful. My husband thinks maybe we could boil up the other two that I think have had too much sun (because they are purple).  He tasted some raw and said it tasted fine to him. I don't know. I'll have to check the internet first to see what other people say. Tonight we are having greasy old hamburgers done on the BBQ...YUM. It turned out to be a really beautiful day. The humidity is gone. Have a nice evening everyone. Bye now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment