Tuesday, September 16, 2014

My garden is winding down.

Garden: On the weekend, I cut both front and back yards. I picked my first harvest of green and yellow beans and I also picked lots of tomatoes, more broccoli, the last cucumber and last cantaloupe and my first red pepper.  We ate beans as a side dish both Sunday and Monday night and I froze the rest.  When I checked today, I found more tomatoes and another serving of beans. I will probably freeze these as well, but we are having a salad tonight with some of these cherry tomatoes. red pepper and the cucumber from the other day. You will notice some hot red peppers in the bowl. These are the hot peppers that my son planted and is drying out in the kitchen. They are doing extremely well. The pumpkins are on the small side, but plenty big enough for decoration. I am so pleased that I have pumpkins, but the plant takes up so much room. 

Shopping: The only groceries I bought this week was 4 pounds of hamburger and 6 tins of tomato soup for 47 cent each at Giant Tiger. (total bill was less than $15)  I sent SP to pick it up for me. He also picked up 4 litres of milk at Shopper's Drug Mart using the last of the $25 gift card I bought at the beginning of the month. I am leaving this weekend for a Girls' only week down in the States. We originally were going to Pennsylvania, but have since switched our timeshare for New Jersey (near  Atlantic City) So I may be picking up a few more groceries this week as I prepare a couple of meals ahead for the boys. 

DIY: I have dived into making some of  my Christmas gifts these last few days. I have been  knitting and I've tried some crochet and I've made up a lot of birthday cards to give away as presents. I also have to check my gift trunk before I go away. I need to make up lists of what I have already, so I can be prepared to pick up some items in the States, if an opportunity presents itself. When I get back, I will have to get the Advent calendars started for the grandkids. 

In other news, the BC teachers' strike is over. My son and DIL can get back into their classrooms. Yay!!

No comments:

Post a Comment