Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Ahh. Spring!

First time hanging out the laundry this Spring
Funny how the simple chore of hanging out the laundry has made me so happy today. It felt so warm in the sun....almost makes me want to rake up the leaves and clean up the garden beds. But not quite. I have a doctor's appointment this afternoon that I will be getting ready for, so I won't be working up a sweat today. I did go out yesterday to start the job of cleaning up and it felt good to get so much accomplished.  I really want to get on top of things early this year as far as the weeding and amending the soil. It got away on me last year. I wish it was permissible to burn off all the dead branches that have fallen during the winter storms. 

Crocuses shooting up with a blast of colour throughout my front flower beds.

I am looking forward to when the daffs and tulips come up. And I am really looking forward to when the temperatures remain warm enough that I can get started on some exterior painting, that has been sadly neglected over the last few years. After my appointment I will be going to Giant Tiger. Their specials start today on Wednesday, and I have made up a list already of items that need stocking up. I will let you know tomorrow. Also, we need to pick up some bread and milk. I started another batch of vegetable broth in the crockpot this morning. This will probably go to the freezer. Have you noticed how well I feed my freezer?

No comments:

Post a Comment