Friday, April 24, 2015

Queen Elizabeth Gardens in Vancouver

My son took me and one of my granddaughters to one of the gardens on Easter Sunday.

The leaves were already out on the trees. They were about 6 weeks ahead of us.

It was cool for Vancouver, but I found it wonderfully warm. I didn't need a jacket.

We headed out at 8 o'clock for the Costco pickup this morning.....there was only one cart of  bread rolls and ciabatta buns, so I only took a few. Everyone's freezers are full. It seems like I can't give away any bread at all. My own freezer is full. I have been using what I have to make seasoned bread crumbs, croutons and bread puddings. We drove to the mall to pick up my new glasses. Actually, they are my old glasses that they have  added my new lenses to (I have been wearing some really old glasses this week.) While waiting for my optometrist's office to open, I ducked into Food Basics for a couple of items. They were selling whole Prime fresh chickens for  $1.88 a pound, so I grabbed two. 

Once home, I baked some doggie treats and then proceeded to break down both chickens into serving pieces. I have all the drumsticks, thighs, and wings in the crockpot cooking right now. I froze the four large skinless, boneless chicken breasts, as well as the two chicken backs to make into stock. When my chicken pieces are cooked, I will take the meat off and freeze for upcoming casseroles, pot pies or stir fries. But for dinner tonight, I will make gravy and mashed potatoes to use up the last bit of pork roast from two nights ago. Last night, I made homemade pizza. There is none of that left over. It is always a big hit. 

This weekend is supposed to be warm and sunny. I would love to get outside to do some more yard work, and hang out my laundry. I don't know what your plans are, but I hope you can get out and enjoy as well. Have a great week-end. 

No comments:

Post a Comment