Monday, April 27, 2015

Where is Spring gone?

I managed to find a few daffodils that were opening up.

The weather was not as nice as they predicted for the weekend. There was some sunshine, but mostly it was overcast and only 8 degrees. I did manage to dry one load of laundry on the clothesline and I did get outdoors to pick up "winter garbage" from the back yard. There is still a lot to do. 

Sales and coupons combined to make my best deals.

Yesterday I spent almost another $60 from my grocery budget. I have done extremely well this month. I went to No Frills to shop the specials and also to price-match bargains from Freshco and Giant Tiger. For example, I bought two loaves of Country Harvest whole grains bread for only $1.88 a loaf, by showing the ad from GT. I could have bought up to 5 loaves, but my husband will probably pick up this week from Weston Bakery for much cheaper. I bought the Finish dishwasher tabs for the full price of $7.99, but I used a $1.00 off coupon and sent in a rebate form today in the mail for $8. I price matched the Nordica cottage cheese with  Freshco to pay only $2 and used a .75 cent coupon to pay only $1.25  Not shown are two packages of  6 each frozen High Liner lemon pepper fish fillets for only $2 a package (price-matched with Freshco) The Hellman's was already on sale at No Frills for only $2.97, but I emailed a copy of the receipt to Checkout 51 for $2 to be added to my account, which makes the mayonnaise only 97 cents. When my account reaches $20, I will get a cheque in the mail. I am currently at $12. I seldom think of using my apps, so I need to get back into the routine of checking. I also got .25 cents from Snap by Groupon for the potatoes I bought. I did not need to buy any meat this week. 

I made a large batch of chicken soup today for lunch, as the pea soup and vegetable soup I made last week were eaten up. I washed up a load of towels but will wait until 7 tonight to put them in the dryer. Tonight's dinner is tuna casserole and I will look for more frozen fruit to make up another crumble for dessert. My rhubarb is already up but not yet big enough to use. Have a quiet evening at home and I will talk later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment