Monday, April 20, 2015

Wasn't that a lovely week-end?



These are the other Easter cards that I made and sent to the kids.

    I remembered to take photos of the cards I made for the kids, but forgot to show you them last week. I put three on the blog several weeks ago, but I didn't want to put these ones up until after the holidays. Some of them I actually did over to send to some of my adult friends here in Kingston. 
   So how was your week-end?  Wasn't it just like a summer day on Saturday? Yesterday was a little cooler and windier; but I had a ton of laundry to do, and the weather was perfect for hanging it all out on the line. We also managed to get outside to do a little more yard cleanup. After all, it is that time of year. Since my post on Thursday, my snowdrops are finished already and my daffs are another 4 inches taller. Spring happens so quickly. I took a picture of these flowers last week before I cleaned up the garden bed and never even had a chance to post them until today. It wasn't a good photo, so I decided to retake it. They are already done as well. The heat from Saturday or the deluge of rain we got over night and this morning finished them off. We sure needed that rain however.
I think these are called "Glory of the Snow". They come up from bulbs or corms like crocus.

   I made pea soup for dinner tonight after returning from my breast screening this afternoon. It seems like I just had a screening  last year, but no....it has been two years. Anyways, I baked a couple of fruit crumbles over the weekend. I call them fruit crumbles because when I took the frozen clumps out of the freezer, I wasn't sure what kind of fruit it was. I didn't write it down. Turns out one was sliced apple and the other one was sliced pears. Both were so delicious. I haven't made crumble in a long time, but I have this frozen fruit that I knew I should use up to make more room in my freezer. Both these fruits were "gleaned" with permission from other people's fruit trees. I made pies when I first got the fruit. Some we ate right away, and some I froze. The rest of the fruit I peeled and sliced and put in freezer bags to make something over winter. Winter is gone (thank you) and now I have to use them up. Crumble is fast and easy and as tasty as pie. I still have bags of fruit to use up, as well as frozen strawberries. Maybe I will save some to mix with the rhubarb that is now coming up in the garden. 
   Sometime this week I must download the photos I took in Vancouver and Washington State. Until then, enjoy Spring. Talk later. 
   


No comments:

Post a Comment