Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Yes, I'm back.

What a difference 10 days makes. My Snowdrops.
   I came back late on Friday night, just in time to hit the sack. It was a very long day of travelling. I was up at 5 AM Vancouver time and boarded  the plane at 6:30. We taxied back from the runway to the terminal building to have an "electrical problem" sorted out so we were delayed leaving just over 30 minutes. We arrived after 3 PM our time. I had something to eat and hung out at Pearson Airport until 7 PM when the Mega Bus picked me up and brought me back to Kingston around 10:30. Saturday I spent time going through my emails, unpacking and doing up all the laundry. I made a chicken vegetable soup and chicken stir fry with the leftover roasted chicken that I froze just before leaving on my trip.
    Sunday I made dog biscuits. Since my son was going out, leaving me and my SP alone, we decided to eat up the leftovers from the fridge. Sunday was a beautiful Spring day. I went out and picked up the garbage from the front and back lawns...two full garbage bags of paper and plastic that had been deposited by the winds during the winter. We seem to attract a lot of litter  living on the main highway. I still have to go out and pick up some recyclables from the back yard and I would like to start cleaning up the flower beds of all the dead vegetation and fallen branches from the winter. All the snow has disappeared and green vegetation is trying to make an appearance. Just wait until you see the photos I took of the Vancouver gardens. They are easily 6-8 weeks ahead of us. 

Chocolate chip cookies
   Yesterday, on Monday, I made a real effort to clean up my email and blog readings. I took a rest from the computer to bake some cookies for us, as I had looked after the dog  the day before. My husband and I both had appointments yesterday with our optometrist. I need to change out my lenses but my eyes are healthy. I was relieved to hear because I was quite worried about what I thought was a serious change to my vision. The doctor wasn't concerned at all. My husband  learned he doesn't need to wear glasses at all anymore. (He had cataract surgery last year). I made pork spare ribs in the crockpot for dinner last night and we are having chili con carne tonight that I froze before I left. Good news. I have not had to do any shopping yet since arriving home. 
   My time in Vancouver was wonderful. I spent lots of playtime with my youngest granddaughter and lots of crafting and card making with my oldest granddaughters. My son took me to Queen Elizabeth gardens on Easter Sunday and he took me to a White Caps soccer game against Columbus on Wednesday night. It was a very exciting tie game. My DIL took the girls and I shopping at Michaels a few times and we took a road trip together across the border in Washington State.  Her mother accompanied us. She is a wonderful person  who has always been very gracious to me on every occasion that I have visited Vancouver. It is always so nice to have a visit with her and my DIL made sure the two of us could spend this day together with her. We took the oceanview drive down to the tulip fields in La Conner. We had lunch at a restaurant on the ocean (where I had salmon) and we visited the little shops and boutiques of the town. It was a beautifully warm and sunny day...just perfect. It was a lovely trip and I felt pampered. Hopefully my husband and myself will be able to  make this visit together next time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment