Thursday, December 17, 2015

A Quiet Day at Home

Walnut marmalade mini loaves cooling

My son needed the Jeep in Kingston most of the day today, so it was a great time to stay indoors and get some more baking and making done. Actually, the only thing I baked were the marmalade loaves and a pan of shortbread.  I made a new refrigerator cookie called chocolate peanut butter pinwheels. I can slice and bake them over the weekend. I made Rice Krispie squares because that is one of the treats that is expected, as is the chocolate no-bakes (or haystacks they are sometimes called)

Loaves are well wrapped for the freezer. Rice Krispie squares are individually wrapped. 
I love shortbread but cannot roll it out.  Here I have pressed the mixture into a glass pan to bake. When cooled, I will slice them into bars. 

Chocolate no-bakes are spooned onto inside wrappers saved from cereal boxes instead of wax paper or parchment.
These are another Christmas favourite. Like rice krispie squares, these are really easy to make. I like EASY. I used to bake dozens of different kinds of cookies. Now I make up just a very few in my old age. *laugh*

I didn't see my Sweetie today, but I talked to him several times. He was sent for another chest X-ray and another scan of his kidney. They took blood from him twice yesterday while I was there, to grow a culture. He still does not have the results of that. I will be going in tomorrow after the Costco pick-up to visit him and will probably be there when some of the results come in. I will keep you informed. Have a good night.  

1 comment:

  1. Look at all your goodies! Is that what passes for a quiet day at home?! You must have been a whirlwind of activity! Well, you inspired me to finally do some baking this afternoon, after I got my kitchen cleaned up. I made chocolate-covered pretzel sticks and Orange Cranberry Cookies. I'm waiting for the butter to get to room temperature to make some dough for the raspberry linzer cookies that I'll probably bake on Sunday. I need to make sure that I had raspberry preserves too.

    I've been meaning to make rice krispie treats for a long time but I keep on eating the marshmallows as soon as I buy them, lol!

    I hope your husband's test results are good and that he gets to go home soon!

    ReplyDelete