Friday, December 11, 2015

Another week closer to Christmas

Backyard lamp post

I feel like I didn't get anything done in the last couple of days. That is partly because I planned to finish cleaning my bedroom and living room yesterday, and then I didn't do it. So what did I do? I had to look around and think about it. Well, I strung up more evergreen garland and white lights around my lamp post in my backyard. Out of three LED lightbulbs, only one was working; so until I replace them, I installed a red and green one (which I had already). It looks very festive, though it doesn't really give off any more light at night. 

Some winter towels for the bathroom

One of the bins that I took out of the attic on Wednesday, held all my fabric decorations like tablecloths, towels, stockings and table runners to name a few. So I hung some towels in the bathrooms and put some runners across table tops, etc. I swapped out my regular tablecloths and napkins for Christmas ones. It seems the more stuff I pull out, the more work I make for myself. Go figure. I will get my son and his GF to help me tomorrow pull the tree up from the basement and take some more bins downstairs and maybe some more into the attic. There are decorations that I have not used this year and I will not miss them. I already have decorations that will be given away or sold in my giant Spring yard sale. 

Sideboard in my dining room is ready to fill with goodies I haven't started baking yet.

Yesterday I bought a few more stocking stuffers; and today, after the Costco pickup, I did some grocery shopping. I have not taken pictures or made notes of any kind on the specials I bought. I think I am well stocked for meals through the end of the month, but unfortunately, my budget has taken quite the hit because I have not been keeping careful records of my spending. My gift buying and grocery shopping has been all mashed together. I already start my Christmas planning in August, so I think I have to move it ahead now to January or February next year. I did get some freebies though. When I went to Belleville to shop a couple of weeks ago, I spent more than $50 at Shoppers Drug Mart on Seniors' Day. I received a $10 gift card which I used today for  2 dozen eggs and 2 loaves of  D'Italiano whole wheat bread. It worked out perfectly to the penny. I am feeling pretty smug. Next week I start my baking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment