Wednesday, December 23, 2015

I'm almost ready

I have presents under the tree, and that tree is fully up and decorated. 
I have the stockings filled and ready to set out tomorrow night after my company has left. 




I baked my Jewel cookies and packed a few different cookies away in the freezer for gifting. I have also delivered most of my  gifts to friends/neighbours. 
I peeled and cooked my sweet potatoes and turnip ahead of time. They are waiting to be reheated tomorrow night for dinner. I made a list of last minute items that need to be picked up tomorrow for the menu. I will get a good night's sleep so I can make a mad dash tomorrow morning  to .....

At least in the public rooms where my company will be seated and or walking around. Mind you, they all know that the last three weeks have been difficult for me to get everything done that I would like to do. My Sweetie is very tired and sore, but is doing much better. We are more than happy to have him home for Christmas.
And so it is Christmas. Tomorrow I will have 8 people around the dining room table who are near and dear to us. On Christmas Day, we will travel to Smith Falls to my Brother's house and celebrate Christmas dinner with his family. On Boxing Day, we may have my daughter and her family with us here, or I may be in Cobourg at my mom's Retirement Home in discussion with staff there. I just found out there is a new development there that has come up this week. So far, my sister and her husband have been dealing with everything by themselves this week because I had been dealing with my own issues. In any event, we will see my daughter and the grandkids sometime over the holiday season. I will be exceptionally busy over the next few days as you can see, so I will extend my warmest wishes to you and yours over this festive season. I will get back to you next week sometime. 

3 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to you and yours, Susan. What a great present that your husband is home and recuperating! I found out today that my great uncle (82) is in the hospital with a very severe case of tuberculosis (so in isolation) and I feel terrible for him to be there over the holidays. He's a continent away so there's nothing I can do :( I hope your mom is OK.

    Don't tire yourself too much by doing all that cleaning and enjoy all your friends and family and goodies!

    "See" you next week then!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas (from another Canadian in Ontario)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas Shelley. Somehow it still is hard to believe the day has come and still no snow.

    ReplyDelete