Monday, December 14, 2015

No tree yet

Oh Christmas tree!Oh Christmas tree! You will be the death of me.

I don't have photos for you today because I have nothing to show for the work I did.  I vacuumed half the living room today and started to set up the Christmas tree. As I added each section of tree and "fluffed out" the branches, I would test the lights. When I got to the top of the tree, the lights did not work. Now I have to go out and buy a string of 70 lights to restring the top third of the tree. Darn it all. I have the worst luck with Christmas lights. Have I mentioned that I lost half of my stars that I hung out across the porch last week? I am not happy about it. They are not cheap. 

Well, I guess I do have one photo for you. 
So I did take a picture of my decapitated tree. I can't decorate it until I have the top of the tree lit. So in order not to waste the whole day, I decided to wrap a few neighbour and friend gifts.


My presents don't look this pretty. I couldn't be bothered today decorating with ribbons and bows

If I have time to spare, I might dress them up a bit., but I am still so very frustrated with not being able to decorate the tree.  I also made up a final shopping list and to do list before I can announce I am done. This week was supposed to be my baking week. I haven't started yet. 

I have been simmering a corned beef roast all afternoon. It sure smells good. I will be adding the potatoes, carrots and cabbage in just a little while, and there should be enough for the next couple of days. 

The mail brought us a lot of cards today. I decided to string them up in the dining room as I receive them. My husband also received a Christmas present through Amazon from BC. Christmas is definitely on its way. Hope I'm ready for it. 

3 comments:

  1. I battled with the Christmas light every year! I have so many strands where only half the bulbs work and I have given up on understanding why. Sometimes you can replace the last bulb that is burn out and then it'll work again but a lot of time you go through all this trouble and they still don't work! Oh I just remembered one of my favorite Christmas songs, I don't know if you know it "The Twelve Pains of Christmas" by Dr. Demento? Here is a YouTube video with the song featured https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yasSkqJBytk I hope you can access it from Canada. Just listen to the words, they're hysterical. The guy rigging up the lights reminds me of you trying to put up your tree, LOL. My favorite line is "She's a witch, I hate her!" I laugh so hard every time I hear it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG. Too funny. I had never heard or seen this song/video before. It is hysterical. And yes, I can certainly empathize with the guy trying to rig up the lights. That's ME. Thank you for sending me the link. Next time I am frustrated by the lights not working, I will watch this again. That should put a smile on my face.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, it's been a family favorite for years, I'm so glad that you like it too. We always giggle like crazy when we listen to it. I had to buy the CD back then so I could play it every holiday season. There are a couple more funny ones on the CD but this one definitely is the best one. I hope you get your light situation fixed soon. How frustrating that some of your stars died. Maybe it's just a fuse on the strand that needs to be replaced?

      Delete