Wednesday, December 9, 2015

I use to paint my windows when I had kids at home. Nowadays, I just hang  lights up....so much easier.

So yesterday I followed my plan of cleaning off surfaces, dusting and washing. I even dusted down the walls, but did not vacuum because I knew I would be dragging out the evergreen garlands for the top of the French doors and the top of the living room mantle. 

Close-up look at the garland and lights over the French doorway from the living room into the dining room. 

Living room mantle. I will be putting more birds and "natural" elements on the branches.

I did as much as I could, but realized that I had more decorations in the attic. I spent the rest of the day and early evening wrapping up stocking stuffers for my guys. Today I knew I had to get into the attic for the rest of the decorations. But that meant I had to dig out my bedroom crap so I could get in there. And there is a lot of crap, believe me. When I "organize" other rooms in my house, I stack the items in boxes/bins in our bedroom to deal with later. Sometimes, later can mean several weeks or months later. Anyways, I will continue to clean tomorrow; but, I did get into the attic to remove two Rubbermaid bins and to put some of my son's and his GF's stuff in for storage. There was no sense going into the attic without putting some of their stuff away to make more room. Success. But I am exhausted. 

Tomorrow, I won't be starting any new projects. I will just finish cleaning up my bedroom and the living room that I started  two days ago. Last year during the Boxing Day sales, I bought two strings of lights at half price, and it is a darn good thing I did. Both strings of lights that were over the archway between the dining and living rooms pooped out. They were working fine last year, but for whatever reason, they were not working this year. Go figure. Fortunately, I was prepared. Don't you love the pretty beaded lights on the door frame up above? This year I will have to look for some good deals on outside evergreen garlands. The ones I put up this year are kind of thin.  Have a great evening.  

No comments:

Post a Comment